"Yesterday is gone,
Tomorrow is unknown,
Take a nap."

Yesterday is unknown,
Tomorrow is now,
Wake up!!!

lbb
04-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Graham, obviously you've never owned a cat.

graham christian
04-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Mary. I own one now. Although David's applies to the general, mine applies to abt. 4a.m. every morning!

Helle Buvik
04-30-2011, 09:35 AM
if you can learn to deal plesantly and relaxedly with that at 4 am, I think you are well on your way towards enlightenment.

if cats were less cute, they'd never get away with their behavior.

Helle

Diana Frese
04-30-2011, 10:19 AM
If I was on the phone past ten p.m. my adopted Siamese would bite me on the elbow. She evidently felt she had been hired to run our lives. And they talk .... a lot.

Aikibu
04-30-2011, 11:05 AM
I have never owned my cat.
It owns me. :)

William Hazen

Janet Rosen
04-30-2011, 11:17 AM
Cat Koan

Yesterday is gone
TomorrowHEY THERE'S SOMETHING MOVING ON THE WALL
I meant to do that

graham christian
04-30-2011, 03:03 PM
The wall moved!!!

mathewjgano
04-30-2011, 05:48 PM
If I was on the phone past ten p.m. my adopted Siamese would bite me on the elbow. She evidently felt she had been hired to run our lives. And they talk .... a lot.

I loved my siamese cat, but I remember my dad never liked them very much. He lived in Egypt as a young kid and remembers being attacked by them if he walked too close to certain houses: they would leap off the low roof and attack his head. Fiesty little critters!

Janet Rosen
04-30-2011, 06:58 PM
We are on our second pair of Siamese siblings - the first adopted from shelter in SF in 1990 and our new ones from local pet rescue up here (we went to the feed store for a couple of bales of rice straw and ended up bringing home our new master and mistress...)
They ARE feisty but wonderful and each has had it's own distinct personality. If you know when to back off (and only ever use toys as toys, never fingers as toys) they are benign despots

Walter Martindale
04-30-2011, 08:24 PM
Cats have staff.

Garrison Keillor's in and out cat song is great. Our siamese would do that..

Diana Frese
05-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Thanks, Walter. Too bad I never heard the song, but that is what my Siamese cat did, in and out, in and out, my mom and I used to kid about it. We were her staff, as I read somewhere years ago. Thanks for mentioning it, it broght back great memories of a very sweet cat.

One day we couldn't find her in any of her favorite places, finally we may have heard a particular " gwow " or other particularly Siamese type of gentle meow. It came from above our heads. She was behind the spiral ornaments and the middle flame ornament on top of a classical "highboy" termed bureau, my Dad's. There she was, peering down at us.

So that's how I learned Siamese cats love heights, probably from those legendary days as temple guardians. I guess the guardian Siamese cats in Egypt aren't too friendly to people they don't know. sorry your dad had a bad experience with them, Matt!

Helle made two good points about cats, William pointied out something many wise people have figured out.

And David, who started the thread, I remembe r the many nap places in the house, depending on heat vents, sunlight at various times of day, etc.... for the 'royal" naps..
Mary, thanks for widening the discussion by questioning Graham's statement...

Janet, I'll have to write the story of "You saw the bean?" later today..

Thanks again everyone

dps
05-02-2011, 11:12 AM
I once read a study where cats were tagged with radio collars to determine what cats do when they are let outside.

Cats spend most of their time outside doing what they spend most of their time inside doing,
sleeping.

dps