PDA

View Full Version : Go out and do some Aikido

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Daniel Lloyd
04-21-2011, 07:12 PM
The atmosphere on Aikiweb is a great one - all learning from one another, hearing different opinions and what not. I just think we've all sat at our computers too long, got too caught up in the topics at hand and what is and what isn't Aikido. Myself included.

Here's an idea for today:

Stop what you're doing, get off that computer, go out to your local dojo or in your backyard and just practice Aikido. Doesn't matter what style. Just for today, Forget everything and everyone and have fun, go crazy.

Happy Easter Everyone.

Mary Eastland
04-21-2011, 07:38 PM
We do every day, Daniel. Happy spring holiday to you!
Mary

mathewjgano
04-21-2011, 08:20 PM
The atmosphere on Aikiweb is a great one - all learning from one another, hearing different opinions and what not. I just think we've all sat at our computers too long, got too caught up in the topics at hand and what is and what isn't Aikido. Myself included.

Stop what you're doing, get off that computer, go out to your local dojo or in your backyard and just practice Aikido. Doesn't matter what style. Just for today, Forget everything and everyone and have fun, go crazy.

Happy Easter Everyone.

Happy Easter! I'm not doing that today (ok I'll do some suburi!:D ), but tomorrow and the next day I'm all about Aikido! This will be the first Aiki Taisai I've made it to in about 10 years and I'm cleared for 2 days of fun. It should be a blast!

lbb
04-21-2011, 08:45 PM
I just got back from doing some aikido with some of my favorite peeps. Tonight it was suwari waza (yokomen attacks) and jo, kesa uchi #1 and #2.

Tony Wagstaffe
04-22-2011, 07:28 AM

Happy Easter Everyone.

Yep well done Daniel, Had my one hours extensive sweat this morning, I worked till 0400 hrs this morning so I had to get the cobwebs out of my baggy eyed face, only six hours a night at present if I'm lucky, How's Dianne's Chuck doing?

Yep! Happy egg eating time to all and make sure you exit your wind outside after doing so, I prefer mine with Salmon and a nice crunchy side salad with virgin olive oil..... evileyes

Diana Frese
04-22-2011, 08:26 AM
Happy Passover, Easter, Aiki Taisai, Happy Spring, whatever y'all y'all are celebrating have a happy. Me, I'm making yardwork fun, including learning the basic "step back, focus forward," while raking!Believe me I need it. Here's a true confession:

Last year or so I had an embarrassing moment falling backward over one of those low cement parking markers at the local "country market" and a bemused onlooker was wondering if my balance was that bad how come I was able to get back up so quick...

Hey Tony,thanks for asking, Chuck is still busy with "adventures in limo driving" with about five airports in the tri state area so far plus assorted other places people need to get to, the tax work ended with a local pool hall party, and he's off to do some repairs at a shoe store in the local mall before driving again around noon.

I'll be working on lawn ukemi thanks to some kind people on Aiki Web! Great suggestions on starting to build ukemi from the ground up...

did manage to slip a nikyo on Chuck when he tried some tiny kung fu move at me when he passed by my chair to his desk. He admitted it was a good one. I'm going, like, what did I do? I guess it's instinctive by now even though I haven't practiced much in years.

Thanks, y'all y'all slowly but surely we're getting back into Aikido with all the other stuff thrown in....

Diana Frese
04-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Hi Matthew, it took me a while for it to register. Is the Taisai in commemoration of O Sensei's memorial (April 26 is this coming Tuesday anyone reading this want to mention if your dojo is commemorating in some way?)

So, the commemoration includes two days of great practice ....
The word "fun" reminds me of one and probably more of Yamada Sensei's editorials on Federation News online ....

Anyway I was just thinking, after noting the pictures of the Kannagara Dojo in the picture section of the home page here on Aiki Web. Beautiful place....

Oh by the way, AOL had a special pictorial Earth Day commemoration on its "Search The Web" feature popup....

Oops Chuck is rushing between jobs gotta send this now....

mathewjgano
04-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Hi Matthew, it took me a while for it to register. Is the Taisai in commemoration of O Sensei's memorial (April 26 is this coming Tuesday anyone reading this want to mention if your dojo is commemorating in some way?)

So, the commemoration includes two days of great practice ....
The word "fun" reminds me of one and probably more of Yamada Sensei's editorials on Federation News online ....

Anyway I was just thinking, after noting the pictures of the Kannagara Dojo in the picture section of the home page here on Aiki Web. Beautiful place....

Oh by the way, AOL had a special pictorial Earth Day commemoration on its "Search The Web" feature popup....

Oops Chuck is rushing between jobs gotta send this now....

Hi Diana!
Yes, it does commemorate his memorial. Saturday after training, Sensei Barrish will perform the Ireisai, a formal Shinto ceremony for the mitama of O Sensei. All in all the taisai is 3 days, but I can only make it to 2 of them. Still, 2 is better than 0!:D
If you ever find yourself in the Puget Sound area you should stop by! It really is a beautiful place and quite unique too. I think a big part of why I still think about Aikido so much, despite so little practice these last several years is because of all the wonderful memories of training there.
Take care,
Matt