PDA

View Full Version : GoPro for first person aikido video's

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

danj
03-31-2011, 04:11 PM
We just got a nifty new camera (GoPro) at work for sports research a
day ago, its a wearable camera for action ports.

Just for a little bit of fun, fresh out of the box we put it through its paces at the dojo before class. See what you think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRoYPpWBwO0

Others have done a better job
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw2I7ouQNA8

dan

dave9nine
03-31-2011, 04:36 PM
interesting. but making me very dizzy! :hypno:

danj
03-31-2011, 05:56 PM
interesting. but making me very dizzy! :hypno:

helps us remember the dizzy feelings as a beginner :D

JW
03-31-2011, 08:52 PM
You're using too much shoulder muscle.

Haha, sorry, just joking! That's really awesome, especially the sword part. It's really good to be able to see what happened from the attacker's POV. Did he really strike at me or miss on purpose? At what point did he start to "lose?" etc.

Also, the other guys didn't do a better job than you, they just seem to have put the camera on The Tallest Man in the World.

danj
03-31-2011, 10:06 PM
You're using too much shoulder muscle.

Haha, sorry, just joking! That's really awesome, especially the sword part. It's really good to be able to see what happened from the attacker's POV. Did he really strike at me or miss on purpose? At what point did he start to "lose?" etc.

Also, the other guys didn't do a better job than you, they just seem to have put the camera on The Tallest Man in the World.

It was a entertaining experience, I used the chest mount so as a consequence maybe a bit more jerky - also conscious of trying to keep things in shot did modify technique a bit. long arms come from the 180deg field of vision. I suspect the other vid they used the head mount - which i think would be smoother because the ground forces are dampened adn head stays focused while body changes hanmi

glad you liked

dan

Michael Neal
04-04-2011, 11:06 AM
this camera was designed to go on things with wheels or things that fly/glide where there is smooth motion. I was thinking of getting one these for my hiking trips but I found the footage unwatchable.

FiuzA
04-05-2011, 09:14 AM
This is really funny and a new perspective on Aikido.

Although the second clip, technically, is better (camera on head, mainly), I enjoyed the content of the first one better and more fun.

At least now we know what a first person Aikido videogame would be like ;) Hehe

Shadowfax
04-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Neat perspective. I did like the OP's video more. I think in large part due to the nice editing job and less grating music selection.:)

Gorgeous George
04-05-2011, 07:34 PM
This is excellent. Thanks a lot for sharing.
I'd love to see some more...