PDA

View Full Version : Howdy Y'all

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Paul Cunningham
03-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Hi, I just began my journey. I hope to get a shodan and begin teaching Aikido. Since I have began learning Aikido, I have used it in the streets in my role as a Police Officer, and it IS an effective tool for Police Officers, allowing me to subdue a resistant subject without resorting to pepper spray or a Taser. I have learned a great deal about myself in the few months since I began.

Janet Rosen
03-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Welcome to aikido, and to aikiweb, Paul!
Yes, it is a wonderful thing about aikido that it can have both very practical application and also, if we are open to it, the training can push our own buttons enough to learn about ourselves and change if we want to.

ninjaqutie
03-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Welcome!

akiy
03-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Hi Paul,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

Tony Wagstaffe
03-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Hi, I just began my journey. I hope to get a shodan and begin teaching Aikido. Since I have began learning Aikido, I have used it in the streets in my role as a Police Officer, and it IS an effective tool for Police Officers, allowing me to subdue a resistant subject without resorting to pepper spray or a Taser. I have learned a great deal about myself in the few months since I began.

There ya go fella, so you know it works then, Blooming glad to hear it!!
Best of luck to you and as you know when you get to shodan, in the lovely words of that Carpenters song.... "It's only just begun"
Work hard and you will reap the benefits....
Take care out there...

Tony