PDA

View Full Version : Good afternoon folks

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

slix
01-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Hi everyone.

Hailing from Boston.
A few years ago I trained under Chang Sik Kim at the Shim Gum Do Zen Sword temple. It was very rewarding on a training level but I felt a deep divide in how I felt the art was being maintained.

I have always been drawn to Aikido, there's something about it that 'fits' in my mind, I've been practicing Buddhism for several years, have always lacked the discipline to exercise without purpose (i.e. treadmill mindlessly at the gym/free weights) but have always enjoyed it very much in a martial art setting.

I'd love any recommendations between the various schools in Boston. I currently live in Brookline and am stuck relying on public transportation. If anyone has any thoughts or advice I'm all ears. Otherwise I hope to find a dojo by march and be one of you so to speak.

Take care,
james

akiy
01-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Hi James,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

ninjaqutie
01-31-2011, 11:16 AM
Welcome and good luck finding a place. I just did a search in the aikiweb dojo search and there are several places in boston. Check out their pages. Some offer classes more then others and if you are interested in Iaido as well, at least one offers that. Anyway, here is the dojo search page. Since you aren't looking for a particular place, just fill out city, state and a radius of however far you want to travel.

http://www.aikiweb.com/search/