PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about blog posts and comments

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

guest1234567
01-21-2011, 04:56 PM
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll184/carinarei/blogger-commentator-crisis-335x400.jpg
Source http://www.brainstuck.com/tag/blogger/

I like it very much when people read my blog and comment it, thinking the same of other bloggers I comment every post I like and most of the times I get a reply, but sometimes there is none. So maybe my thinking is wrong there are people who just write for themselves and don't care for comments or even don't like them. Of course I'll respect that, so I' do not comment any more in the blogs where I don't get a reply.

ninjaqutie
01-21-2011, 06:00 PM
Sometimes I don't comment on someone's comment in my blog because I don't have anything to say at that time. Just because someone doesn't respond and say "Thank you." or something doesn't mean they don't appreciate your feedback or comment. :)

If I don't like a comment someone left me, I would just delete it. HAH! This hasn't happened yet, but.... it is an option. ;)

P.S. The cartoon was interesting too

guest1234567
01-22-2011, 03:40 AM
Hi Ashley,
By writing it is like talking by phone you don't see your partner, so just imagine you are calling someone, he is there but does not say anything... The other person doesn't know what do you think, if you liked it or not... You see Nialls blog is the most commented here although he has only few posts,because he always replys and sometimes it becomes a real nice conversation.

niall
01-22-2011, 05:26 AM
Carina I see I'm in this conversation. I think Ashley is right. Sometimes there is nothing to add. Or we are not sure what to reply. Maybe later we might think of something - but if not don't worry. We are always happy to have your thoughtful comments so please keep giving them!

guest1234567
01-22-2011, 05:33 AM
I know you are and now I know also Ashley is, but there are people who just write for themselve and that is the point, as you don't know almost all of the people who are writing in this forum personally, you really don't know, what they think... A short thanks does not take much time and if I don't get it I'll know that comments are not welcome.

Mary Eastland
01-22-2011, 07:55 AM
I like to get comments. When I read a blog...i may like it yet I don't what to write. I like your suggestion of just saying "thank you".
Mary

guest1234567
01-22-2011, 08:01 AM
Thank you Mary for understanding the point. Of course if we all would know each other in person we would know about the thinking of each one and don't worry about if comments are welcome or not. There are people who write for themselves and take their blogs out of internet sometimes. I met one guy who did that.

Demetrio Cereijo
01-22-2011, 08:20 AM
There are people who write for themselves and take their blogs out of internet sometimes. I met one guy who did that.

What a scumbag. How dare he?. He shoud be tarred and feathered.

guest1234567
01-22-2011, 08:24 AM
Why Demetrio should he?

jurasketu
01-22-2011, 08:26 AM
Carina-

That is why I like "Like Buttons". Usually, I have nothing of value to add to most blog posts and so I hate to clutter threads up with 'nice post' and 'good point' posts.

Robin

Demetrio Cereijo
01-22-2011, 08:33 AM
Why Demetrio should he?

http://www.reporeduca.com/dudas/?p=39

guest1234567
01-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Ok but I was talking about somebody you don't know. And talking about gallegos, I received today a really funny email from my friend in La Coruņa about mistakes in your news

Demetrio Cereijo
01-22-2011, 08:45 AM
Very interesting...

ninjaqutie
01-23-2011, 12:33 AM
Carina-

That is why I like "Like Buttons". Usually, I have nothing of value to add to most blog posts and so I hate to clutter threads up with 'nice post' and 'good point' posts.

Robin

I am a HUGE like button fan. I constantly go to use it here after being on facebook and then I get sad when I forget we don't have it.

As far as people writing for themselves, I in fact DO write for myself. If I were writing the blog for others, I would probably go about it differently. HOWEVER, I do appreciate people's comments and feedback. I figure if a blog is on a public domain, then they want (or don't mind) people reading them. Here on aikiweb, you can make a blog private or a particular entry private if you don't want others to read them.

I say, comment away if you want! If they don't like your comments, they can delete them or they can make their entries private. OR, they could just do a private blog elsewhere.

I guess what I am saying is... do what you want. :D