PDA

View Full Version : Exercise's Afterglow

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

dps
12-30-2010, 03:52 AM
Here is an interesting article on what happens to the body after exercise.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/21/health/nutrition/21best.html?_r=1&ref=health

dps

mathewjgano
12-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Here is an interesting article on what happens to the body after exercise.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/21/health/nutrition/21best.html?_r=1&ref=health

dps

Hmmm...
Not sure what to make of that. If it's damage I'm causing each time I exercise, I'm on the higher end of the spectrum, I'd guess, and that's a little disconcerting to consider.
It is interesting to note how much energy I have though. After training sessions or soccer games I've always experienced that high temp. feeling, but also always had a hard time falling asleep due to increased energy levels (despite initial feelings of being "physically" tired). I've had games at 9am and had a hard time sleeping at 9pm because I'm so wide awake. I always attributed it to metabolism or related functions which release stores of energy, but if it's to repair damage...well, i just hope it's a good repair!
Interesting read, thank you David!
Take care,
Matt

RED
12-30-2010, 02:00 PM
Hmmm...
Not sure what to make of that. If it's damage I'm causing each time I exercise, I'm on the higher end of the spectrum, I'd guess, and that's a little disconcerting to consider.
It is interesting to note how much energy I have though. After training sessions or soccer games I've always experienced that high temp. feeling, but also always had a hard time falling asleep due to increased energy levels (despite initial feelings of being "physically" tired). I've had games at 9am and had a hard time sleeping at 9pm because I'm so wide awake. I always attributed it to metabolism or related functions which release stores of energy, but if it's to repair damage...well, i just hope it's a good repair!
Interesting read, thank you David!
Take care,
Matt

Endorphins will keep you awake man. Your body likes to "reward" you, especially when repairing injuries, or exercise strained muscles with lovely endorphins. The same endorphins that trigger in the flight or fight syndrome, and the same endorphins released when women are in labor. Definitely will keep you awake.

mathewjgano
12-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Endorphins will keep you awake man. Your body likes to "reward" you, especially when repairing injuries, or exercise strained muscles with lovely endorphins. The same endorphins that trigger in the flight or fight syndrome, and the same endorphins released when women are in labor. Definitely will keep you awake.

Damn have I got a good supply of endorphins!