PDA

View Full Version : Harmonious and Happy Holidays!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

crbateman
12-19-2010, 01:58 PM
I just wanted to put something up wishing Happy Holidays to all of you in the AikiWeb community (and a special shout out to Jun for all you do here).

I'd also like to encourage any of you who is able to reach out to a stranger in need this season. Times are so tough nowadays, and many who have never seen it this rough simply don't know where to turn. Pride keeps a lot suffering in silence, so go out there and find them. Shelters and churches are a good place to start, as they all know somebody who needs a hand. Make sure your old clothing and furniture don't go to waste. What is trash to you is a blessing to someone else.

Feed somebody, help someone with toys for their kids, give someone a job if you can... Even a smile and a visit to someone in a hospital or a care facility would mean so much and cost so little. Everyone can help in some small way.

I'm trying to reach out to help somebody different every day this month. I cannot think of a single thing that is more fulfilling, and it is I who am reaping the greater benefit. Please try it, and you will see what I mean.

Best wishes to all!

Tony Wagstaffe
12-19-2010, 06:41 PM
I just wanted to put something up wishing Happy Holidays to all of you in the AikiWeb community (and a special shout out to Jun for all you do here).

I'd also like to encourage any of you who is able to reach out to a stranger in need this season. Times are so tough nowadays, and many who have never seen it this rough simply don't know where to turn. Pride keeps a lot suffering in silence, so go out there and find them. Shelters and churches are a good place to start, as they all know somebody who needs a hand. Make sure your old clothing and furniture don't go to waste. What is trash to you is a blessing to someone else.

Feed somebody, help someone with toys for their kids, give someone a job if you can... Even a smile and a visit to someone in a hospital or a care facility would mean so much and cost so little. Everyone can help in some small way.

I'm trying to reach out to help somebody different every day this month. I cannot think of a single thing that is more fulfilling, and it is I who am reaping the greater benefit. Please try it, and you will see what I mean.

Best wishes to all!

Do it everyday to those who truly need it.....

Happy holidays to you to......:)

aikishihan
12-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Thank you Clark for your timely reminder that others less fortunate than us deserve our attention, and our assistance whenever, and wherever possible.

Thank you Tony for echoing the Aiki sentiment of generosity that links all of us in the world we can recognize, and seek to improve.

I personally feel like it's Christmas 365 days a year, and do not feel like waiting for an arbitrary date to be kind or to be of assistance to someone in need. And yes, I receive presents all the time, especially each time I read the awesome contributions on Aiki Web.

Happy Holidays to all, and may 2011 be the best year yet!

crbateman
12-19-2010, 10:14 PM
Thanks guys. Certainly, there's no reason not to be kind all year round, and I should have presented it that way. But there's nothing more gut-wrenching than to be lonely, sad, or in need during the holidays, so it is during this season that your kindness towards others means even more... Please spread the love.