PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Fishing Approach

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Marc Abrams
11-24-2010, 01:02 PM
Received this in my junk e-mail box today. Who ever said that being part of the aikiweb does not have it's benefits! :eek:

Marc Abrams

e:mail address: helen mabou [helen809helen@att.net]

Text
HELLO
My name is helen,
i saw your email and your profile today at www.aikiweb.com and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send an email to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am Here is my email address (hlene80helen@yahoo.com.ph) i believe we can move from here!I am waiting for your mail to my email address above. helen
(Remember the distance or colour an age does not matter but love matters a lot in life

C. David Henderson
11-24-2010, 02:02 PM
Dude, that so rocks.

Mark Freeman
11-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Well Marc did you reply? She seems so genuine:rolleyes:

Marc Abrams
11-24-2010, 04:27 PM
How could I resist not responding to her when she knew my secret nickname "undisclosed recipients" ! :D When they know your secret nickname ahead of time, you know that it is bound to be a deep and meaningful relationship. Okay, so I have a wife, four kids, and two granddaughters. Minor details in the grand scheme of life....

Marc Abrams

akiy
11-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Hi Marc,

Just to address this phishing attempt, I believe the person sending out the message got your e-mail address from using the AikiWeb dojo search engine (and not the AikiWeb forums membership). Using your contact information in this manner, of course, contravenes its use policy, but that's kind of hard to enforce with people who are attempting to phish, of course. I'm taking a look to see if there's any good way to keep this from happening again.

As an aside, AikiWeb has never shared people's AikiWeb membership details with anyone.

Best,

-- Jun

Marc Abrams
11-24-2010, 04:55 PM
Hi Marc,

Just to address this phishing attempt, I believe the person sending out the message got your e-mail address from using the AikiWeb dojo search engine (and not the AikiWeb forums membership). Using your contact information in this manner, of course, contravenes its use policy, but that's kind of hard to enforce with people who are attempting to phish, of course. I'm taking a look to see if there's any good way to keep this from happening again.

As an aside, AikiWeb has never shared people's AikiWeb membership details with anyone.

Best,

-- Jun

Jun:

I figured that much! You have too much integrity for me to ever even consider the possibility of you doing that with your website. I hope you had a great trip to Japan and have a very happy Thanksgiving!

Regards,

marc

Janet Rosen
11-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Jun: ...I figured that much! You have too much integrity for me to ever even consider the possibility of you doing that with your website. I hope you had a great trip to Japan...

...where he set up that mail order bride registry for Helen and so many sincere others... OOPS, wasn't supposed to talk about it :eek:

kocakb
11-25-2010, 12:15 AM
Hi
I got today the same e-mail :) I am also one of the chosen :cool:

oisin bourke
11-25-2010, 07:09 AM
At last! An Aiki groupie!

Marc Abrams
11-25-2010, 07:50 AM
Hi
I got today the same e-mail :) I am also one of the chosen :cool:

Damn it! I thought I was special :freaky: !

Marc Abrams

Marc Abrams
11-25-2010, 07:52 AM
At last! An Aiki groupie!

Oisin:

You really need to stop by my school one day. We have a special Jiyu waza randori for Aiki groupies.......:blush: ........:D ......

Regards,

Marc Abrams

oisin bourke
11-25-2010, 07:58 AM
Oisin:

You really need to stop by my school one day. We have a special Jiyu waza randori for Aiki groupies.......:blush: ........:D ......

Regards,

Marc Abrams

And I always thought thought Aiki groupies were a myth dreamed up to get young fellows to join Aikido:)

I'll shut up now.

Mark Freeman
11-25-2010, 10:43 AM
HELLO
My name is helen,
i saw your email and your profile today at www.aikiweb.com and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send an email to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am Here is my email address (hlene80helen@yahoo.com.ph) i believe we can move from here!I am waiting for your mail to my email address above. helen
(Remember the distance or colour an age does not matter but love matters a lot in life

Personally, i wouldn't trust anyone who doesn't capitalise their i's:)

lbb
11-26-2010, 06:01 AM
Fishing, or phishing?

Always check full headers.

Marc Abrams
11-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Fishing, or phishing?

Always check full headers.

Mary:

I intentionally chose the word "Fishing." This person was trolling in the great internet ocean :D .

Regards,

marc abrams