PDA

View Full Version : training

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

David Carroll
10-11-2010, 11:43 AM
hello all i have never trained in any of the arts i have had alot of back and neck fussions and am now not as able to defened myself as well like i was once able to do i wounder if aikido is a art i maybe able to learn i know there will be alot of things i may not be able to do maybe it would help me all the way around?

RED
10-11-2010, 02:48 PM
I think Aikido can be done at every level. The principles are practicable, regardless of physical limitation. Physical limitation will however determine how you can train, but not a deciding factor in if you can train.

guest1234567
10-11-2010, 03:34 PM
hello all i have never trained in any of the arts i have had alot of back and neck fussions and am now not as able to defened myself as well like i was once able to do i wounder if aikido is a art i maybe able to learn i know there will be alot of things i may not be able to do maybe it would help me all the way around?
In our dojo is a person who had half of his body paralized due to a car accident, after rehabilitation he could move the left arm and leg better but not as the right ones. Aikido is helping him so much, he stopped rehabilitation because the repetitive movements did'nt help him anymore, but the attacks from uke force him to move his arm and leg without thinking, he is preparing his 5th kyu now..