PDA

View Full Version : How to teach aikido and the techniqes. help!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

elacueva
10-10-2010, 10:02 PM
hello sir ma`am who read this thread. i am a beginner in aikido and almost practicing half year,.now im in a second level our sensei begun to teach us to be a waka sensei. so the problem is that im not good in teaching other when im in the main attraction now. I am just wondering if anyone can please give me some advise how to improve my teachin in aikido?,.. please :( thank you!

RED
10-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Teaching really is a different skill set from learning.
I'd just train man. Like I tell some one when they want to be a good writer. Good writers are good readers. Good teachers are good students.
:/

WilliB
10-11-2010, 05:16 AM
hello sir ma`am who read this thread. i am a beginner in aikido and almost practicing half year,.now im in a second level our sensei begun to teach us to be a waka sensei.

Wow, talk about fast track! 6 months and junior teacher... your instructur is certainly in a hurry.

lbb
10-11-2010, 07:23 AM
Teaching really is a different skill set from learning... Good teachers are good students.

If your first statement is true, your second statement is not a given.

(I've certainly known plenty of teachers who were terrible students...too stuck on how they'd run the class)

elacueva
10-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Wow, talk about fast track! 6 months and junior teacher... your instructur is certainly in a hurry.

hmm is that really hurry?:confused: maybe all i know is we were all pioneers in our dojo.:( and we are the 1st establish aikido in our city so that we train hard as we can. so that we can teach the up coming students what aikido is and what the techniques are done for. :) im really not good in teaching so that i need some advise to a professionals like you sir for what can i do to do with my teaching. :) .

Janet Rosen
10-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Only teach what you can 1) explain clearly and slowly in all its peices and 2) demonstrate correctly.

Tatsukage
10-15-2010, 11:12 AM
In our dojo, the higher ranks help teach the lower ranks, but only after sensei has said what he needs to about the technique at hand or giving us individual directions for what needs to be practiced. However, one must be fully comfortable and confident in his/her abilities before they can pass on any knowledge. If you don't feel at ease with the idea, just wait. Aikido can be a long, worthwhile experience, so IMO, why not enjoy it to the fullest at your own level, because once you reach a certain stage, you'll have the desire to teach yourself. But, if you do feel up for the challenge, I'd agree with Janet. Only teach what you can, and be sure to explain clearly and concisely all the finite details of the technique(s), and be sure you too can demonstrate both uke/tori roles.

Melchizedek
10-21-2010, 09:18 AM
Hi Emman,

it doesn't matter the "beginning or the end what matters is the journey Good luck more power you can do it ^L^,. welcome to your life there is no turning back now. see you at the beginning of the end.