PDA

View Full Version : Sensei Camar passes away

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

alex padilla
09-27-2010, 05:16 AM
The Passing of Manuel "Omar" N. Camar Shihan, 8th Dan

Manila Aikido Club formerly Philippine Aiki-Kai mourns the lost of Omar Camar Shihan.
He died of a heart attack while undergoing dialysis last 22nd of September, 2010.
A ceremony was organized yesterday to celebrate his life, achievements and contributions to the world of Aikido.
His body is now flown to Bicol, his homeland to settle for his final resting place.

A very brief Aikido introduction of Omar Camar Shihan:

He started his Aikido in the 60's.
In the 70's he became chief instructor of Manila Aikido Club and became Aikido representative of then Republic of the Philippines.
In the 80's he became Aikido instructor to the Presidential Unit of President Marcos.
Around the 90's, most military and police personnel were trained under the banner of Manila Aikido Club.
This also marks the formation of the PNP (Philippine National Police) Aikido Club.
From year 2000 onwards, his undying dedication to Aikido promoted it as a curriculum in PNPA (Philippine National Police Academy) and PNTI (Philippine National Training Institute).
Through all those years, he have travelled to most part of the Philippines to propagate Aikido.
And, from the late 90's up to 2006 he have travelled across continents to participate in Aikido outside of the Philippines.

Omar Camar Shihan is credited for training most of the senior Aikidoka's in the Philippines.
He will forever remain as one of the strongest pillars of Aikido in the Philippines.

Hellis
09-27-2010, 05:43 AM
I am sorry to hear of the death of your teacher Camar Sensei.
It is heartening to see that his students recognise his life.
My condolences to his family and students.

Henry Ellis
http://kenshiroabbe.blogspot.com/

aikishihan
09-27-2010, 08:39 AM
Sincere condolences to the family and friends of the late Omar Camar Shihan.

Prayers and sympathy alone are not sufficient in this time of loss.

May Camar Shihan rest in peace.

CitoMaramba
09-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Nakikiramay po kami sa pamilya ni Camar Sensei at kanyang mga estudyante.

Janet Rosen
09-27-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm so very sorry.

Marc Abrams
09-27-2010, 03:21 PM
I am sorry to hear that the Philippines has lost a leader in your Aikido community. I am sure that his vision and teachings will continue to live on in the spirit and practice of those who studied under him.

Marc Abrams

rulemaker
09-28-2010, 05:59 AM
Condolence to the family and students of Camar Sensei.

Aikido Philippines.
www.aikido-philippines.com

Larry Cuvin
09-28-2010, 10:31 AM
My deepest condolences to the family and his students. I am sure his legacy will continue on. May he rest in peace.

akiy
09-28-2010, 01:24 PM
My condolences to Camar sensei's family, friends, students, and loved ones.

-- Jun

EzD
10-01-2010, 09:35 AM
My condolences to the Camar family, his students and the P.I. Mr. Omar 'Boy' Camar's influence has reached across the ocean and into America.