PDA

View Full Version : Howdy y'all.

Please visit our sponsor:

Krystal Locke
09-16-2010, 02:53 PM
I'm back on the mat. Sensei seems to have let all water pass under the bridge, perhaps I should be wise enough to do the same for myself.

Good to see all the people I've missed for so long, and to meet all the folks I dont yet know.

Let's train hard and get better at this strange thing we do.

akiy
09-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Hi Krystal,

Welcome (back) to AikiWeb. Nice to see you again. Hope you're well.

-- Jun

Janet Rosen
09-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Krystal! Welcome back.

ninjaqutie
09-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Hi and welcome. Where do you train at? Do you train with Fox or Friedl Sensei?

Krystal Locke
09-17-2010, 02:01 AM
Hi and welcome. Where do you train at? Do you train with Fox or Friedl Sensei?

Friedl Sensei. Are you in the area? Come on down, let's train. Just be gentle with the old girl.

Krystal Locke
09-17-2010, 02:11 AM
Hey Jun! Hey Janet! Good to see you! Where do all the cool kids go to talk aiki anymore? Is the L still rocking?

Y'all training hard? How's the knees?

Really is good to be back on the mat, irl and here.

ninjaqutie
09-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Friedl Sensei. Are you in the area? Come on down, let's train. Just be gentle with the old girl.

I train at Siskiyou Aikikai with Bluhm Sensei. :)

Krystal Locke
09-17-2010, 12:01 PM
I train at Siskiyou Aikikai with Bluhm Sensei. :)

I gathered that just about immediately after I asked. Noob, me.

I used to train like a mad thing back in the day, no regard to association or politics. I've known Bluhm sensei and Cindy for a long time, but rarely see them anymore. I bet the folks I aikibummed around with at your dojo aren't training anymore. Bernie, George, Madu? They'd all be pretty dang.... original, ummm, experienced.... er, just say it, oldtimers anymore. I known Madu is still on the planet, saw him at the parade in July.

Janet Rosen
09-17-2010, 12:35 PM
Hey, Krystal, this banged up old girl has been living in a small town and training very happily within her physical limits at Ukiah Aikido.

ninjaqutie
09-17-2010, 02:28 PM
I used to train like a mad thing back in the day, no regard to association or politics. I've known Bluhm sensei and Cindy for a long time, but rarely see them anymore. I bet the folks I aikibummed around with at your dojo aren't training anymore. Bernie, George, Madu? They'd all be pretty dang.... original, ummm, experienced.... er, just say it, oldtimers anymore. I known Madu is still on the planet, saw him at the parade in July.

None of those are there now. Let's see, Bill is still there, Mike, David, Jason, Alex, Casey, Ea, Chris..... I guess those are the only people left that have been there a while. I'm not sure if you know any of them or not. You should stop by sometime. We love it when people come to train. I have been meaning to make it over to your dojo to experience a different dojo and see what it's like there, but it hasn't happened as of yet. Too busy training with Darrell :D

Krystal Locke
09-17-2010, 02:57 PM
None of those are there now. Let's see, Bill is still there, Mike, David, Jason, Alex, Casey, Ea, Chris..... I guess those are the only people left that have been there a while. I'm not sure if you know any of them or not. You should stop by sometime. We love it when people come to train. I have been meaning to make it over to your dojo to experience a different dojo and see what it's like there, but it hasn't happened as of yet. Too busy training with Darrell :D

I watched a Bill fall apart on a low kyu test WAY back. Probably not the same guy. We're talking about 20 years ago. Y'all younguns.

I'm not back in the swing of things enough to really say how my dojo is right now, but I've never known Michael to turn down a guest. We are less "formal" than some schools, but I just take it as a test of aerobic fitness. If I can train hard while providing a joking running commentary, I figure I'm doing ok. Right now, I am not doing ok. Need much training and time to get back to the glory.

Come on by. Class schedule is on the website, I'm trying to hit mornings, since I work nights. I'll be the fat old girl who can't sit seiza and wont front roll unless the technique is just so. It's been a decade, cut me slack,.

Janet Rosen
09-17-2010, 05:16 PM
Come on by. Class schedule is on the website, I'm trying to hit mornings, since I work nights. I'll be the fat old girl who can't sit seiza and wont front roll unless the technique is just so. It's been a decade, cut me slack,.
Hey, sitting seiza is way overrated...haven't done it in years :D

ninjaqutie
09-17-2010, 05:46 PM
I watched a Bill fall apart on a low kyu test WAY back. Probably not the same guy. We're talking about 20 years ago.

The Bill we have now is a sandan. I guess I won't see you on the mats because I can only train in the evenings. Either way, it is nice to meet someone on here who lives in my area! :D