PDA

View Full Version : Idiocracy

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

David Orange
08-29-2010, 02:04 AM
Just saw Mike Judge's "Idiocracy," I'll tell you what.

That was doggone funny.

Judge is a real genius: and not just a genius of humor.

He showed with "Office Space," "King of the Hill" and "Extract" that he is a genius in understanding human nature and American society. He also made millions of dollars in the process, so you can't say he's just a clown.

But with "Idiocracy," he says some things this country really needs to hear. It was, in a very strange way, beautiful.

I urge everyone to watch that movie. It's worth every minute.

Best to all.

David

mathewjgano
08-29-2010, 11:07 AM
I loved the concept of the movie! When I see something ridiculously stupid I often think "Ow My Balls!"
This movie appealed to both the highschool stoner in me and the social-minded erudite...and it's rare those two get to enjoy the same movie, although I admit they did take turns laughing. My wife just looked at me like I was goofy for enjoying the movie at all, but that's par for course.:D

RED
08-29-2010, 08:50 PM
I loved the concept of the movie! When I see something ridiculously stupid I often think "Ow My Balls!"
This movie appealed to both the highschool stoner in me and the social-minded erudite...and it's rare those two get to enjoy the same movie, although I admit they did take turns laughing. My wife just looked at me like I was goofy for enjoying the movie at all, but that's par for course.:D

welcome to costco... i love you...

Lan Powers
08-30-2010, 04:36 PM
Loved it!!
about 30 minutes worth of story, but the CONCEPT is awsome in its accuracy..... how many times have you seen the low-brow with the "herd" of children?

Gorgeous George
09-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Indeed: this is a profound social commentary, and brings to my mind the words of Aristotle:

"It makes no small difference, then, whether we form habits of one kind or of another from our very youth; it makes a very great difference, or rather all the difference.".

Unfortunately, as with so much great humour, it has a very dark subtext.

Budd
09-07-2010, 12:48 PM
I like money . .

Gorgeous George
09-07-2010, 01:16 PM
I like money . .

Haha. What was that film that was number 1 at the cinema...'Ass', was it?

Budd
09-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Sometimes you kick(-ass), sometimes you get (ass-)kicked . .