View Full Version : Aikido Beyond the Mat

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Joe Wokoro
07-31-2010, 05:51 PM
My name is Joe Wokoro and I blog at http://yield2win.blogspot.com/.

With a background in philosophy (both east & west) and Christian theology, I look for ways to apply aikido beyond the mat, beyond the dojo, in daily life and in ministry as a Christian. Imbued with the pragmatic philosophy of William James (founder of American pragmatism) I see ways of applying aikido concepts beyond its oriental origins -- what does it mean for me in daily life, and as a Christian?

This has led to my book, From Kicks to Christ: The Aikido Way to God (available on Amazon.com). OK, OK, there's much kicking in aikido, but Drawing from the Center seemed long, didn't have the same catch, and would need a few minutes of explanation! I have also explored practical application in Aikido Guide to Success: Reflections from Aikido (also available on Amazon)

I come with the mindset of a beginner (in the words of Suzuki in Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind) and look forward to learning and sharing!

Joe Wokoro
07-31-2010, 05:55 PM
Hi Everyone.

I'm Joe. I began practising in college, and while I have falled off the wagon from time to time, have always clambered back on and look forward to learning and sharing! Joe.

07-31-2010, 11:31 PM
Hi Joe,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun