View Full Version : Hello From Utah

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Benjamin Mehner
07-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Hey everyone! I've been reading this forum for a while now, and thought I'd go ahead and start posting. I was introduced to Aikido about a year and a half ago by a very close friend. He and I met at work and became good friends very quickly. One day he gave me a copy of The Art of Peace and I was instantly intrigued, so I watched some videos online and determined that this was the martial art for me. Upon hearing this my friend gave me his uniform and I will always be grateful for his assistance. Before this I had studied Pa Kua Chuan, and karate, but neither of them clicked with me and I never felt like I belonged. I ended up joining Salt Lake Aikikai after looking around at the other dojos. All the people there are really great and I truly feel that I have found my place.

Michael Hackett
07-05-2010, 02:59 PM
You found a great home! Rick Sensei has some good stuff.

07-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Hi Benjamin,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

Benjamin Mehner
07-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Rick Sensei is at Utah Aikikai, not Salt Lake Aikikai. People at my dojo say he runs the only other school in this valley that they would recommend. I had the honor of training with him and his students at a recent seminar and I would agree that he knows his stuff. My teachers are David Iannucci and Richard Sano. Both are very good men and I have enjoyed learning from them.