PDA

View Full Version : Traditions

Please visit our sponsor:

dps
07-04-2010, 11:03 PM
A wife was cooking a pot roast for dinner. Before she put it in the pan she cut a small piece off of the end of the roast. When her husband asked why she did this she replied, "It was the way my mother taught me."

The wife called her mother and asked why she always cut the end of the roast off before she put it in the roasting pan. Her mother replied, "It was the way your grandmother taught me."

The wife then called the grandmother and asked her why she cut the end off a roast before she put it in the roasting pan. The grandmother replied, " I had a small roasting pan. The roast was always too big to fit into the pan"

David

mathewjgano
07-04-2010, 11:28 PM
A wife was cooking a pot roast for dinner. Before she put it in the pan she cut a small piece off of the end of the roast. When her husband asked why she did this she replied, "It was the way my mother taught me."

The wife called her mother and asked why she always cut the end of the roast off before she put it in the roasting pan. Her mother replied, "It was the way your grandmother taught me."

The wife then called the grandmother and asked her why she cut the end off a roast before she put it in the roasting pan. The grandmother replied, " I had a small roasting pan. The roast was always too big to fit into the pan"

David

What!? You mean the mother never noticed how small that pan was in comparison!? Seiza for 3 hours!evileyes :D

Michael Hackett
07-04-2010, 11:31 PM
My personal frustration in life - "Its always been done that way!"

Carl Thompson
07-05-2010, 03:42 AM
Continuing the culinary theme...

There was once a panda whose dad was a goose. The panda was making noodle soup one day when his father, the goose said it was time to pass on the family tradition: The secret ingredient to "Secret Ingredient Noodle Soup".

In this case (based on a real story: look it up!) the family was fully aware of the purpose of the tradition.

Gorgeous George
07-05-2010, 10:09 AM

David

I believe there is a similar cause for islamic prohibition against eating pigs...just, incidentally; 'i get your point' is what i'm saying.

mathewjgano
07-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Continuing the culinary theme...

There was once a panda whose dad was a goose. The panda was making noodle soup one day when his father, the goose said it was time to pass on the family tradition: The secret ingredient to "Secret Ingredient Noodle Soup".

In this case (based on a real story: look it up!) the family was fully aware of the purpose of the tradition.

Carl, you just got 50 cool points!:D
"I love kung fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!"

Michael Hackett
07-05-2010, 12:04 PM
"They ask me, Hank,
Why do you drink?
Hank, why do you roll smoke?
Why must you live out the songs that you wrote?
If I'm down in a honkytonk, some ol' slicks tryin' to gimme some friction,
I say leave me alone, I'm singing all night long, it's a family tradition."

Hank Williams Junior

Rabih Shanshiry
07-05-2010, 01:14 PM
There's also something to be said about throwing the baby out with the bath water. Lots of traditions have a ton of inherited wisdom passed down through the ages. And sometimes, you only figure that out after it's too late.