View Full Version : That was really funny, until...

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Bruce Baker
04-30-2002, 06:49 AM

You don't mean that, do you?

Show me how you did that?

These are all incredulous statements to something that is strange, new, and pretty funny when we look back years later how stupid people are in either accepting the seriousness of something or stretch a practical technique into fantasy.

Thousands of cases of people setting records or doing incredible things, and each tells of a feeling, a visualization, or training that helped to do those things. As serious as each person is ... they laugh at the irony, even though they are dead serious?

OF course, humour is based upon our broad base of knowledge and the irony, or contraryness of an item as it pertains to its relevence in our perception.... like saying, what the hell was that all about? I didn't understand a word?

The whole joke was really funny until they started to make fun of Aikido!

Hey, jerkweed! You can't make fun of Aikido, only Aikido people can make fun of Aikido!

Who else but dancing lillies in skirts would make fun of pressure points, and meditation practices ... oh... (sudden fear because a sensei who knows the writer writes back) but I didn't mean to say that to you, sensei, I was just kidding?

Well, maybe you did mean to be funny, and it was really funny until ...

The incredible is a chuckle, the impossible is a laugh, so if we do some of the humorous things to you like distract you to a flash of a ball of ki while touching a set of pressure points, and you wake up asking what happened after you have been knocked out ... don't be surprised if everybody is laughing at the stupid look on your face?

Or was that stupid look your normal look and you are funny all the time ... no wonder everybody laughs at you!

Just kidding, we wouldn't knock you out if we didn't like you!

Gee, that was really funny until you did it to me?

Yeah, but humor is a subjective thing ... as long as we ain't the subject, it is funny ... or is it?

Never mind ... that was just a jelly brain flash from hitting the mat too hard.

Continue anger ... with a little humor this time, PLEASE!!!

Hey, you ever do the two finger grab make the Aikido guy dance technique?

It is really funny ... here, try to hit me...

04-30-2002, 09:25 AM
A strong cup of coffee would go reel good right now. Yikes!

Could you go into a little more detail with your posts please?