View Full Version : A small film on David Lynch's Dojo

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Ellis Amdur
06-14-2010, 06:36 PM
This is a small film clip on what surely is the most beautiful dojo (http://www.youtube.com/user/AsiaDownunder#p/u/4/s6CQhO9uUoo) in the world.

David Lynch, an old friend, has one of the most extensive aikido backgrounds of anyone alive. He was an uchi-deshi at the Yoshinkan in the 1960's, and also trained to high dan rank (always starting over) with the Aikikai, with Tohei Koichi and with the Tendokan. On another thread, I mused about the power of "collusion," the working together on the mat to accomplish "aikido," as an alternative "way" to that of the "aiki"/internal power that I, along with others, have been so fascinated with as of late.
David and his wife - and his dojo - exemplify this ideal for me. (Ahh, blissed out aikido, some may scornfully roll their eyes - David had a nikkyo that made the sweat explode off your body in a fine mist).

Ellis Amdur

Russ Q
06-14-2010, 06:51 PM
I don't eat granola too much but, too me, this is really one way to epitomize ones training...as the physical abilities subside a pinnacle is reached...

Thank you Ellis,

Gorgeous George
06-14-2010, 07:37 PM
I knew there couldn't be two exceptional aikido dojos in New Zeealand; I saw this a while ago, and it might interest you (if you haven't already seen it):

06-14-2010, 07:51 PM
How could one not relax and rejuvenate, training in such a beautiful place? Thanks for sharing, Ellis...

06-19-2010, 06:37 PM
wow, thanks for sharing that, I would love to see it for myself.

Anita Dacanay
06-19-2010, 07:20 PM
That is indeed one astoundingly beautiful dojo - thanks for sharing!