View Full Version : Introduction

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

05-21-2010, 07:27 AM
Hi everyone;

My name is Billy McAuley, I started my training in Aikido in Japan in 1985 where I remained as a student of Asoh Shehan Aikikai 7th Dan until I left Japan to return to the UK in 1995 where I started an Aikido club Asoryu Aikido Club in Herefordshire. Due to a move to the north of England and work committments I stopped my Aikido activities until January 2009. I now run Asoryu Aikido Club in Huddersfield; website is: http://www.asoryuaikidoclub.net I have very close to thirty club members and we are part of UK Shinwakai Association and the British Aikido Board. In Japan my dojo was Minato-ku aikikai in Tamachi, Tokyo. I occassionally went to the Hombu.

I love Aikido and my life within aikido, If I had one Aikido wish it would be for my students to come to all training secessions: Otherwise it would be to win the lottery and retire:

I look forward to seeing some of you in the future on Aikweb.

Kindest regards from Huddersfield;

Billy (Makochan my user name, was the nick name given to me by my sempai in Japan)

05-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Hil Billy,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

05-21-2010, 10:24 AM

welcome aboard. Were you in Leominster? I think I knew a few guys such as John Brittan, Mike Duggan maybe and possible others from Hereford club that may have trained with you?

chris wright
05-25-2010, 09:41 AM
Hi Sensei,
Nice to see you managed to get on the forums at Aikiweb.
See you at the Dojo on Tuesday.
Best Wishes