View Full Version : Capital Aikikai Federation Summer Camp July 17-18

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

AikiWeb System
04-30-2010, 08:58 AM
Posted 2010-04-20 06:55:15 by Asim Hanif
News URL: http://potomacaikikai.org/cafseminar2010.htm

Our first CAF gasshuku weekend will be held on July 17 -18 in Northern Virginia. This event will be hosted by Potomac Aikikai in conjunction with our 6th Year Anniversary. This event is open to all practitioners of aikido regardless of rank, affiliation, or experience. It is our hope to provide everyone attending with a great training experience in the spirit of the Founder, Morihei Ueshiba.
Classes will be led by our own Clyde Takeguchi 7th dan (CAF Shihan Director), CAF Technical Committee members and CAF Chief Instructors.
Your RSVP is appreciated at our Facebook page 'Capital Aikikai Federation Aloha! Weekend. Also check www.potomacaikikai.org for updated information as it becomes available.

~~~ To submit a news item to AikiWeb's front page, click here (http://www.aikiweb.com/news/submit.html). ~~~

05-12-2010, 07:15 AM
Online registration is now available.

05-12-2010, 02:59 PM
I've never heard of the CAF.

Do they have an official website? I can't seem to find any mention of this federation outside of the potomac aikikai. Does anyone have any other information on this federation?

05-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Hi Maggie,
no 'official' website yet. Should be up soon though. Some affiliate info here:

05-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Is Clyde Takeguchi Shihan the President of this Fed?
Some one told me he was gonna do something in Canada. lol

05-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Maybe your some one got mixed up with the CAF (Canadian Aikido Federation), which has been around a long time and is under the technical direction of Kawahara shihan. I see possible acronym confusion in the future.

05-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Maybe that was it!
I didn't realize he was making his own association though. It'll be cool to see how it goes.

06-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Full instructional schedule is posted as well as lodging and venue info.

Nafis Zahir
06-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Should be a good seminar. I'm gonna try to make this one!

07-08-2010, 07:57 AM
Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Registration is going great. FYI- we only have a limited number of rooms left at the discount rate so secure lodging asap. Dojo lodging also available. Check our website for details.

07-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Online Registration closes this evening folks. Sorry no credit card payments at the door. Cash or check only.
See you all soon!

07-15-2010, 02:36 PM
Congratulations to all who are attending the Capital Aikikai Federation Summer Camp.

Headed by one of the world's premier Aikido Shihans, Takeguchi Shihan will be accompanied by dojo cho's worthy of respect and acclaim.

This camp should prove pivotal to many in their respective Aikido development.

Yoku Gambatte Kudasai!!!!!!

07-19-2010, 08:48 AM
Thank you Sensei for the kind words.
It was a momentous weekend. We were very humbled by the cross section of over 80 aiki representatives who attended and supported this event. It was truly aiki in the flesh and spirit with Aviv Goldsmith Sensei providing the perfect setting for us, Greg O'Connor Sensei and members of his ACNJ in attendance as well as members from the midwest, northeast and southeastern parts of the US working on aikido together.

07-21-2010, 06:16 AM