PDA

View Full Version : Hello from York, England

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

salvianus
04-28-2010, 04:27 PM
By way of introduction: I'm a beginner returning after a gap of more than a decade. I'm studying with the University of York Aikido Club again, as I still live nearby.

My Sensei is Ken Marsden Shidoin, 6th Dan, who now takes the classes himself, as well as at Bradford.

It is sometimes frustrating to confront how much I have forgotten, how much slower I am to learn and particularly how my body is slower to train after some serious health problems, but Marsden Sensei is finds a way to teach me and it is a great joy to practise once more.

akiy
04-28-2010, 04:42 PM
Hi Steve,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

ninjaqutie
04-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Welcome. Best of luck in this new chapter of your training. Don't be discouraged. :)

RED
04-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Hi,
0_0
welcome.

Anth
04-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Welcome :)

Mark Gleadhill
04-29-2010, 08:11 PM
Noticed the title so thought I'd say hey.. I do Shodokan in York at St Johns. Nice to see a somewhat local face :)

salvianus
04-30-2010, 03:37 AM
Thanks for the welcome folks!

Aikido is proving to be ideal for my health, fitness and morale. Given that I'm a teacher, it's probably good for my soul to be a slow learner too!

I do Shodokan in York at St Johns. Nice to see a somewhat local face :)

Likewise. It's a small world, but I wouldn't like to have to hoover it. :D

Peter Goldsbury
04-30-2010, 04:14 AM
Hello Steve,

Welcome to Aikiweb. Ken Marsden and I took our shodan together, with Matthew Holland. I think it was in 1978.

When you meet him again, please give him my good wishes.

Peter Goldsbury

By way of introduction: I'm a beginner returning after a gap of more than a decade. I'm studying with the University of York Aikido Club again, as I still live nearby.

My Sensei is Ken Marsden Shidoin, 6th Dan, who now takes the classes himself, as well as at Bradford.

It is sometimes frustrating to confront how much I have forgotten, how much slower I am to learn and particularly how my body is slower to train after some serious health problems, but Marsden Sensei is finds a way to teach me and it is a great joy to practise once more.

salvianus
05-03-2010, 07:45 AM
Ken Marsden and I took our shodan together, with Matthew Holland. I think it was in 1978.

Peter Goldsbury

I certainly will :)

salvianus
05-11-2010, 02:56 PM

Peter Goldsbury

I can convey Sensei Marsden's regards to you, Sensei. He says it's been a very long time!

Peter Goldsbury
05-12-2010, 05:11 AM
I can convey Sensei Marsden's regards to you, Sensei. He says it's been a very long time!

Yes. Indeed. I had thought of coming over for Doshu's visit, but this will not be possible. Another time perhaps.

Best wishes,