PDA

View Full Version : FightSite

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

WtFudgE
04-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Hey all,

I wanted to talk about a project me and some friends have started. I myself practise Aikido and my fellow collegues practise boxing, jiu jutsu, kung fu, etc… Now I am also the webmaster of my club and I noticed a couple of things. Firstly I have had a lot of compliments about the structure of my site and also about the fact that I show all techniques of our sport with images and that you can filter on techniques, level & attacks etc.. I also noticed that there’s very phew networking between clubs & let alone different martial art clubs. So our idea was to create a huge material arts site where:

• you can pick a fighting type
• see which techniques they have
• filter on these techniques
• add clubs filtered per fighting type with their own link and an explanation about their sensei
• give basic information about the fighting sport
• it has a huge agenda of lessons and schools where you can also filter on fighting type, sensei, city, country, etc…
• view media
• view interviews
• in different languages
• view material per type

I have already made my architecture and layout and we are currently working on gathering our First bits of information.
So I have a couple of questions:

Firstly, what do you think of this idea
Secondly, do you think our site and your clubsite can exchange links to create a more global martial arts network. This will in general benefit both parties, linking more people to your site, your club and your agenda and also the other way arround
Thirdly, would you be willing to share technique information/images about your fighting type in exchange for perhaps more publicity.

Anyway, I am sure our idea will work out great. I already have a lot of connections with my own sport and with my friends’ clubs, but it would be great if we can expand with one another.

Tell me what you think.

Domo arigato

RED
04-28-2010, 03:32 PM
Sounds interesting. Not sure what it would do for Aikido per say. But over all for martial arts it could be an active data base if you go about it right.

lbb
04-29-2010, 08:01 AM
Design is easy.

Content is hard.

Sites like the one you describe are great, IF the content is current and complete. That's a big if.

Rob Watson
04-29-2010, 01:37 PM
my site

Linky?