PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the Center of the Universe

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiBike
04-27-2010, 10:51 AM
Hi,
Ashland, VA fondly proclaims itself to be such - even the welcome sign as you enter town exclaims, "Welcome to the Center of the Universe." We even have a train stop (well, the train slows down and you jump off) and the conductor also announces to all on board we are entering the C of U.
Truth be told though, I live just a little outside of town, so I guess I'm in a near center solar system ;)

Next to Aikido, I'm an avid mountain biker (lots of circles, triangles and squares) and have participated in several triathlons (both road and off-road versions). Like several other new folks on the forums, I started Aikido at the old age of 52 (triathlons at 53), but am a very active person and have progressed well - with lots of hard work and practice.

I study along the lineage of Ueshiba-Saito-Witt and enjoy the challenge of takemusu blending.

akiy
04-27-2010, 11:13 AM
Hi Mark,

Welcome to AikiWeb. Hope you feel welcome in joining in the discussions.

-- Jun

JW
04-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Hi Mark, that's pretty funny. I guess aikido is a perfect thing to be doing over there (http://books.google.com/books?id=uEDgHTSZEbQC&pg=PA37&lpg=PA37&dq=in+the+center+of+the+universe+%22spirit+of+aikido%22&source=bl&ots=dAjusCyO_1&sig=pmaBk9YPF0TgQ8XShId8dQRpvVQ&hl=en&ei=TD3XS7ueGYOoswPu0fGmAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CAYQ6AEwAA)!

Greetings from a similar lineage too (Witt sensei was just in our dojo!).

David Munro
05-04-2010, 03:47 AM
Pleasure to meet you Mark.

I am new to the AikiWeb forums myself...

Cheers.

Michael Vlug
05-05-2010, 02:00 AM
Welcome! :)

AikiBike
05-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Thanks all.
It seems very special getting to greet folks from as far away as Scotland and Netherlands - really cool. San Fran is quite a drive too :-)