View Full Version : New member intro

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Karen Graham
03-16-2010, 12:23 PM
Hello I am new to the group and joined to learn more about Aikido. I am a massage therapist that also competes in endurance riding on my horses. I read about Mark Rashid's use of Aikido to help him with his riding and thought it would be a good idea for me to try. I am in my mid fifties so hopefully that is not too old to start. I am in Battle Creek, MI and have no idea where to go to learn this so suggestions are welcome.

Karen Graham

Shannon Frye
03-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Hi Karen,
The site has a great "dojo finder" (to the left, under DATABASES). Type in your info, and it should help you find the nearest dojo (if there is one). If none are found, I'd recommend contacting anyone in the Yellow Pages that you can find, even if they aren't Aikido - perhaps they can better direct you locally.

Best of luck!

Janet Rosen
03-16-2010, 01:53 PM
Karen, welcome. You are certainly not too old to start! And we have a couple of riders very active in this forum - look for posts (or aikiweb blogs) by Linda Eskin and Cherie Corm......oh heck I'm gonna butcher her last name :-(

03-16-2010, 03:28 PM
Hi Karen,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

Michael Vlug
03-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Hi Karen,

Welcome, from one new member to another :)

03-17-2010, 05:36 PM
Hi Karen! Well that makes three aikiweb members that have come to aikido due to Mr Rashid's amazing horse clinics. :D

I started last June after seeing him at Equine Affair in April. I'm a natural hoof care provider here in PA. Cool to see another equestrian join us.

03-18-2010, 11:02 AM
Welcome to aikiweb!

Larry Cuvin
03-19-2010, 09:15 AM
Welcome to Aikiweb Karen.