PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Aikikai's 30th Anniversary: 8/13-8/15

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb System
03-15-2010, 01:01 PM
Posted 2010-03-15 13:00:03 by Andrew Barron
News URL: http://www.calgaryaikikai.com

Calgary Aikikai's 30th Anniversary Seminar August 13 -15, 2010

To celebrate the late Inaba Sensei’s (6th Dan) close friendships and life-long commitment to teaching aikido. Calgary Aikikai is honored to bring together some of the world’s foremost instructors in aikido including three of O’Sensei’s remaining uchi-deshi. This weekend seminar is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Please join us in Calgary on August 13, 14 and 15th as we celebrate 30 years of aikido.

Key Shihans such as Kobayashi Sensei 8th Dan Japan, Asai Sensei 8th Dan Germany, Arai Sensei 7th Dan Japan who are some of the last of O-Sensei's and 2nd Doshu Kishomaru's uchideshis at a Aikikai Honbu Dojo will be in attendance. This might be the only, and last, chance to see these three in one seminar together.
Other sensei’s who are confirmed at this time are Igarashi Sensei 6th Dan Japan, Kubo Sensei 7th Dan Hawaii, Shirakawa Sensei 7th Dan Japan and H. Kobayashi Sensei 6th Dan Japan. There will also be a number of high ranked Sensei’s who will also be teaching sessions at this seminar. The weekend will conclude with a demonstration by these Shihans, Sensei’s and visiting students that will be one to remember.
Visit our website www.calgaryaikikai.com for more information.

Conrad Gus
03-23-2010, 03:03 PM
That's a ridiculous amount of Shihans for one seminar. Can't wait!

Conrad Gus
03-24-2010, 10:57 AM
Has anyone trained with Shirakawa Sensei before?

Rayleen Dehmke
03-24-2010, 07:24 PM
I can hardly wait!! It will be a truly awesome experience.

Conrad Gus
03-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Has anyone trained with Shirakawa Sensei before?

Okay, dumb question. What I meant to say is:

Can anyone relate any personal experiences of seminars with Shirakawa Sensei?

I'm just looking forward to this and wondering what to expect.