PDA

View Full Version : Zen in Motion: lessons from a master archer on breath,posture and intuition

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

bob_stra
03-09-2010, 09:52 AM
A friend recommended this book to me. As a goodly portion of it is up (for free) on Google books, thought I'd share it here.

It's a kind of a travelog of a guy learning Japanese horse-back archery, in relation to 'ki' and Zen.

http://books.google.co.in/books?id=AfD_qm4-yJYC&lpg=PP1&ots=vlwozxk1rJ&dq=zen%20in%20motion&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Thought it was interesting for what is does say (of the physical practices)...and what it doesn't. Interesting to see the whole gestalt. YMMV

ashe
03-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Thanks for sharing! Definitely read that with interest. I see you're in Perth, do you know any of the ILC boys?

bob_stra
03-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Thanks for sharing! Definitely read that with interest. I see you're in Perth, do you know any of the ILC boys?

Sure. One of them (Steve Bobs) is my good friend and training partner. I've also train with Sam's brother, Frankey Chin.

ashe
03-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Sure. One of them (Steve Bobs) is my good friend and training partner. I've also train with Sam's brother, Frankey Chin.

lol. small world. i met des morgan at one of the intensives a few years back. please give my regards to uncle franky. :cool:

bob_stra
03-10-2010, 08:02 AM
Well, in fairness and for sake of disclosure, I should say that I'm not an ILC practitioner. Though I'll be sure to say hello to Steve et al on your behalf :)

ashe
03-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Well, in fairness and for sake of disclosure, I should say that I'm not an ILC practitioner. Though I'll be sure to say hello to Steve et al on your behalf :)

are you doing parkour with bobsy or another ma?