PDA

View Full Version : Intro

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

yichuan
02-24-2010, 04:57 PM
I studied Aiki Jutsu many years ago. Currently I study Yi Chuan with master Cheuk Fung.

Kind Regards,

Steve

BWells
02-26-2010, 06:47 PM
Welcome to the AikiWeb. Besides Yiquan are you now also doing Aikido? I find Yiquan very interesting, done a little bit with Fong Ha and do some with Joe Crandall but mostly focus on Aikido.

take care
Bruce

yichuan
03-04-2010, 09:58 AM
I don't formally train Aiki Jutsu anymore. I have been focused on Yi Chuan for about the last 10 years. However, many of my fellow students have extensive background in other arts like Tai Chi, Bagua and Aikido that tend to 'flavor' our Yi Chuan practice.

One thing Yi Chuan training has opened my eyes to is how internal styles are all attempting to awaken and make useful a core capability of the body. The methods for dis-covering internal strength, cultivating it and learning how to use it can differ greatly art to art and teacher to teacher but they all have the human being in common.

We call internal strength Hunyuan strength....here are my teachers thoughts on it from an interview last year if you are interested in Yi Chuan's perspective - http://www.yichuankungfu.com/cheuk-fung/hunyuan/

Kind Regards,

Steve

BWells
03-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Interesting links on your teacher and his comments. Thank you very much.:)

Thanks
Bruce