PDA

View Full Version : Sensei Information

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Randy Pertiet
04-18-2002, 03:56 PM
Help,

My Sensei trained in Japan under Somekichi Kobayashi Sensei. I've not been able to find any information about him (photos, profile, etc.). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jorx
04-18-2002, 04:18 PM
http://www.fepai.org.br/amestpj1.htm

This the ONLY hint I could find in the web...
It's throughoutly in Brazil:freaky:

Sorry but that's all I could find:disgust:

Jorgen
Estonian Aikikai
Riveta Sportsclub

Randy Pertiet
04-19-2002, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Jorx
http://www.fepai.org.br/amestpj1.htm

This the ONLY hint I could find in the web...
It's throughoutly in Brazil:freaky:

Sorry but that's all I could find:disgust:

Jorgen
Estonian Aikikai
Riveta Sportsclub

I found the same link as well. Hoping for more.

Johan Tibell
04-19-2002, 07:32 AM
Well, I've attended a training camp with him so perhaps I can draw you a picture... ;)

Best Regards,

Johan Tibell

Ghost Fox
04-19-2002, 10:15 AM
I have also attended a seminar with Shihan Kobayashi (two to be exact). He is an excellent teacher with a very joyful expression of Aikido. I believe he is a 8th Dan. He has several schools in Japan.

I believe he will be in the Chicago area during the summer.

:triangle: :circle: :square:

Randy Pertiet
04-19-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Ghost Fox
I have also attended a seminar with Shihan Kobayashi (two to be exact). He is an excellent teacher with a very joyful expression of Aikido. I believe he is a 8th Dan. He has several schools in Japan.

:triangle: :circle: :square:

Thanks

akiy
04-19-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Ghost Fox

Are you sure you're not thinking of Yasuo Kobayashi sensei?

http://www.aaa-aikido.com/evntschd.htm
http://www.cup.com/kobayashi-dojo/

-- Jun

Randy Pertiet
04-19-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by akiy

Are you sure you're not thinking of Yasuo Kobayashi sensei?

http://www.aaa-aikido.com/evntschd.htm
http://www.cup.com/kobayashi-dojo/

-- Jun

It was my understanding that Somekichi Kobayashi Sensei passed away a few years ago.

Bruce Baker
04-19-2002, 04:11 PM
So far, I have found:

Yasou Kobayashi

Yukimitsu Kobayashi

Tananori Kobayashi

Haven't found Somekichi Kobayashi.

Find where he teaches and who he is associated with. A bio should be available somewhere.

Randy Pertiet
05-03-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Randy Pertiet
Help,

My Sensei trained in Japan under Somekichi Kobayashi Sensei. I've not been able to find any information about him (photos, profile, etc.). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

As a follow-up, I've found that Somekichi Kobayashi studied under Takeda Sogaku (The same instructor as for Morihei Ueshiba).

My Sensei (Jean-Luc Moreau) also studied under Takeda Tokimune, Minoru Mochizuki, Gozo Shioda and others.

Kami
05-03-2002, 02:20 PM
As a follow-up, I've found that Somekichi Kobayashi studied under Takeda Sogaku (The same instructor as for Morihei Ueshiba).

KAMI : In that case he might be teaching not Aikido, but Takeda's art : Aikijujutsu.

My Sensei (Jean-Luc Moreau) also studied under Takeda Tokimune, Minoru Mochizuki, Gozo Shioda and others.

KAMI : Takeda Tokimune also was a teacher of Aikijujutsu (which he called Aikibudo); Mochizuki Minoru was a student of Aikijujutsu, who created his own art, called Yoseikan Budo; and Shioda Gozo was the founder of the Yoshinkan style of Aikido.
Is your teacher affiliated with Alain Floquet, of France? What he calls the art he does? Aikido, Aikijujutsu, Aikibudo, Yoseikan?
Best

Randy Pertiet
05-03-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Kami

KAMI : In that case he might be teaching not Aikido, but Takeda's art : Aikijujutsu.

KAMI : Takeda Tokimune also was a teacher of Aikijujutsu (which he called Aikibudo); Mochizuki Minoru was a student of Aikijujutsu, who created his own art, called Yoseikan Budo; and Shioda Gozo was the founder of the Yoshinkan style of Aikido.
Is your teacher affiliated with Alain Floquet, of France? What he calls the art he does? Aikido, Aikijujutsu, Aikibudo, Yoseikan?
Best

Unknown on the affiliation with Alain Floquent. Our Sensei teaches a style which he co-founded: Daito-Ryu Aikibudo Jujutsu Tai Sabaki (www.daitoryuaikibudo.com) which he blended from several areas.

Kami
05-04-2002, 06:10 AM
Unknown on the affiliation with Alain Floquet. Our Sensei teaches a style which he co-founded: Daito-Ryu Aikibudo Jujutsu Tai Sabaki (www.daitoryuaikibudo.com) which he blended from several areas.

KAMI : I find this shareiroku from Takeda Sokaku. The text says :
"Aza Engaru,Kami-Yubetsu, Mombetsu, Kitami, Hokkaido.Charged for teaching : 60 yen
- Toshiyuki Shida
- SOMEKICHI KOBAYASHI(Randy's teacher's teacher)
- Koshichi Ando
- MORIHEI UESHIBA (Founder of Aikido)
- Kumataro Okuda
- KOTARO YOSHIDA (the man who introduced Ueshiba to Takeda Dai Sensei)
March 5, 1915 - Takeda Sokaku Shareiroku"

The shareiroku's picture follows below.

Best
Ubaldo

Randy Pertiet
05-04-2002, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Kami

KAMI : I find this shareiroku from Takeda Sokaku. The text says :
"Aza Engaru,Kami-Yubetsu, Mombetsu, Kitami, Hokkaido.Charged for teaching : 60 yen
- Toshiyuki Shida
- SOMEKICHI KOBAYASHI(Randy's teacher's teacher)
- Koshichi Ando
- MORIHEI UESHIBA (Founder of Aikido)
- Kumataro Okuda
- KOTARO YOSHIDA (the man who introduced Ueshiba to Takeda Dai Sensei)
March 5, 1915 - Takeda Sokaku Shareiroku"

The shareiroku's picture follows below.

Best
Ubaldo

THANK YOU!!!! very much for translating this page!!!!!

Randy