PDA

View Full Version : Real aikido commercial?

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Erik Jögimar
02-03-2010, 04:19 AM
Hello!

Today someone added me over facebook, claiming to be just an aikidoka who would like contact with others. I ran a search on his name on google,as he from the first moment on put "real aikido" in his messages.

Has anyone else met / spoken with this guy?

"Bratislav Stajic" is his name. I found him on realaikido.org website, AND even on wikipedia.

dalen7
02-03-2010, 05:44 AM
Hello!

Today someone added me over facebook, claiming to be just an aikidoka who would like contact with others. I ran a search on his name on google,as he from the first moment on put "real aikido" in his messages.

Has anyone else met / spoken with this guy?

"Bratislav Stajic" is his name. I found him on realaikido.org website, AND even on wikipedia.

Havent heard of him.

On another note, when I hear the term 'real' Aikido, it makes me inclined to want to put some MMA gloves on and test them out... what do they mean by 'real'... Im sure everyone could use that term as its all a matter of perspective and place. ;)

Peace

dAlen

Cajunjambaliya
02-03-2010, 06:55 AM
Hi Erik,
Not at all cracking on someone else but I to have found him on Wiki and sources. The information provided sounds like self promotion. I like to think that all Aikdio is real to the student that is training. Someone stating "Real" in front of anything would make me turn tail and run :-) Have a great day

David Maidment
02-03-2010, 12:29 PM
'Real Aikido' is a mistranslation from the original Serbian. The name isn't supposed to imply that other traditional systems aren't real or are a diminished form, etc. A more apt translation might be 'Realistic Aikido'. However, I'm not a huge fan of what I've seen of the ryu.