PDA

View Full Version : Aikido Lesson 1st on of 2010

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Phil Ingram
01-20-2010, 11:03 PM
Aikido Lesson 1st one of 2010

Early this week I called my new sensei getting all the information on starting my new art with my new dojo,now I have been to this dojo before but there was hardly anyone there I thought this might be a small club, anyway when I turned up the kids lesson was just coming to a end at this point another 10 to 15 people turned up.

To be honest the lesson went by in blur lots of new names and ideas to take in and I am guessing this is the same the world over; there was a lot of focus on centre and 1st form, the warm up was awesome I am happy to say my ukemi is solid my sensei told me at the end of the lesson it was good to see my ukemi’s and it was a good solid start into aikido, luckily for me I was not the only new boy, but the people where helpful and friendly I cant wait for my lesson tonight.

I know this is short and sweet I will try to remember more as the lessons go so I can report back on how I am doing

Oh yes lol the next day I was like a lump of lead very sore but happy :)

Amassus
01-20-2010, 11:40 PM
Glad to hear your first class went well.

You have good ukemi already? Have you practiced other martial arts such as judo or jujutsu?

I hope your enthusiasm never wanes and if you ever visit Hamilton, pop in and train with us :)

Janet Rosen
01-21-2010, 02:24 AM
So good to hear it went well!

ninjaqutie
01-21-2010, 11:11 AM
Glad to hear it went well. If you want to write about your classes often, you should start up a blog. :) I didn't think to start mine till I had been in it for a couple months. Have you done martial arts before?

Phil Ingram
01-21-2010, 11:41 PM
Glad to hear your first class went well.

You have good ukemi already? Have you practiced other martial arts such as judo or jujutsu

Hi ya Dean :)
In answer to your question yes i did daito ryu for a little while
and thank you very much for your offer if and when i make it to ur part of nz i will let you know :)

Phil Ingram
01-21-2010, 11:50 PM
So good to hear it went well!

Hi ya Janet :)
I am very please that things are going well with my new dojo a really good bunch of people.

A funny thing happened to me today i was sitting waiting for my bus to work and with out thinking i changed my posture my Sensei as been drilling us on posture keeping ur backs straight etc,for the first time i can see what my sensei is on about you can use aikido in your everyday life.

cant wait for my next lesson :)

How are your lessons going Janet ??

Phil Ingram
01-21-2010, 11:59 PM
Glad to hear it went well. If you want to write about your classes often, you should start up a blog. :) I didn't think to start mine till I had been in it for a couple months. Have you done martial arts before?

Hi ya Ashley :)

In answer to your question
I did 5 years in england doing karate and in New Zealand i did daito ryu for a short time.

I will prolly do a blog like yourself a little later :)
After i get a bit more experience

Eugene Leslie
01-22-2010, 10:19 AM
Capital!