View Full Version : New member

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

12-29-2009, 12:08 PM
Hi my name is Bob. I have been interested in learning a martial art. I'm a late starter 50, and very out of shape. I've heard of the fitness aspects of the arts and have a great interest in Aikido. I recently contacted a Sensei in my area who invited me to watch his class Wednesday Dec. 30th and am looking forward to it. Hopefully I will become one of his students as he has given me great confidence just from our e-mail conversations. I look forward to reading the forums on the site.

12-29-2009, 12:24 PM
Welcome to the forum. Have a great first class and come on back and share your experiences with us. :)

12-29-2009, 12:30 PM
Hi Bob,

Welcome to AikiWeb. I hope your start in aikido goes well.

-- Jun

12-29-2009, 12:31 PM
hi happy new year welcome ^L^,

Phil Ingram
12-29-2009, 01:02 PM
Hey Bob.

I hope you will enjoy your up and coming lesson
it can be a little daunting at first but i am sure everyone in your club will make you feel welcome,i really would like to hear how your first lesson went :)

happy New year Bob to you and your family :)

Phil :)

12-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Good luck! Though I am young, my husband is in his 50's and started training this year. He loves it and has lost over 20 pounds. There were times in the beginning that he would get winded or dizzy and would sit out for a little bit and when he was ready, he'd hop back in. Best of luck to you and I hope you have fun!

12-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Thank you all for the encouragement, I really appreciate it!