PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

darko
12-26-2009, 08:32 AM
Hello to all of you!
My name is Darko. I live in Belgrade (Serbia) and I would like to practice aikido.

Before that, I'd like to say I'm 37 and have 110kg. Are these two facts forbiding me from aikido practicing? Can I practice aikido although I'm 37 years old and I'm too heavy?

Mark Uttech
12-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Onegaishimasu, it is going to depend on you and the dojo, not your age or weight. A good sensei will be able to show you things that you can practice safely. Good luck friend.

In gassho,

Mark

akiy
12-26-2009, 10:16 AM
Hi Darko,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

darko
12-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Mark, Jun,
thank you for words of encouragement and welcome.

Mark, what is the meaning of words onegaishimasu and gassho?
Is there a dictionary on the forum related to japanese words employed in aikido?

Walter Martindale
12-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Mark, Jun,
thank you for words of encouragement and welcome.

Mark, what is the meaning of words onegaishimasu and gassho?
Is there a dictionary on the forum related to japanese words employed in aikido?

Hi Darko,
Your age and size are not problems but you may need to take a slow and gradual approach to training as you learn Aikido and improve your fitness.

If you look through the "language" forum you should find some good explanations of onegaeshimasu (as well as a variety of spellings)
Welcome to Aikido.
Walter

Shadowfax
12-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Hi Darko, welcome to the forum. :) You can find all the answers to your aikido language questions here. http://www.aikiweb.com/language/

Aikiweb has tones of resources to help you learn and answer your questions in those blue links to the left side of the screen. Not to mention all of these amazing members. :)

Don't worry about your age or weight. Its a common concern and you will find lots of posts discussing the topic. I'm a 39 year old and large female who has been training for 6 months.. Yep it took a lot of getting used to but I am really getting a lot out of my training.

RED
12-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Hi, Welcome.

I agree, that a good teacher will be able to help you where you are, where ever that is. :)

Takeda-SRB
01-20-2010, 03:18 AM
You can see www.takeda.org.rs,or in faceebook Kbv takeda, or send me e-mail.

darko
01-29-2010, 04:20 AM
Hi!
Yesterday was my 10th training. I'd like I can express my excitement. I can see meny great technics but I can do so few od them. Regardless of that, I plan to move on with training. I learned something already. I feel so great during and after the training.

Darko