PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

OwlMatt
12-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Hello everyone. My name is Matt. I am 27 years old and live just outside Milwaukee, WI. I have been visiting the Milwaukee Aikido Club recently and will start taking formal classes there in a few weeks. I am hoping Aikiweb will serve as a source of information and inspiration as I begin my journey into the world of Aikido.

I expect that I won't be doing a whole lot of posting at first; listening will serve me much better than talking right now, I think. Thanks for the help in advance.

akiy
12-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Hi Matt,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

Carrie Campbell
12-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Hi, Matt! Welcome to aikiweb! In August, I was able to meet some folks from Wisconsin - Milwaukee & Madison, although I get confused which location each person is from... They went to a seminar at the Westwind Aikido Center with Clyde Takeguchi Shihan. All very nice people. : )

OwlMatt
12-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Yeah, we're pretty nice up here. I credit the beer.

Carrie Campbell
12-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Yeah, we're pretty nice up here. I credit the beer.

Hahaha! You’ll fit right in! :D When you are at the dojo, I recommend meeting Bill. He’s uke in several of the pictures on your dojo’s website. Quite a character. Very energetic, a dutch oven chef, expert Irish fiddlist/violinist, and great aikido practice partner. ;) Good luck and welcome to the group.

ninjaqutie
12-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Welcome. I look forward to reading your future posts.

OwlMatt
12-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Hahaha! You'll fit right in! :D When you are at the dojo, I recommend meeting Bill. He's uke in several of the pictures on your dojo's website. Quite a character. Very energetic, a dutch oven chef, expert Irish fiddlist/violinist, and great aikido practice partner. ;) Good luck and welcome to the group.

I think I have seen him at a few of my visits. He seems like a nice guy. Thanks.