View Full Version : h2o is go

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

12-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Hi everyone,

I've been reading this forum for a long time, but figured I might as well join in case I have something to say at some point (and search is good to have too).

I've been doing Aikido for about 6 years, if you count a couple of years gap in there. Before the gap I was doing Aikido Yuishinkai, and am now doing Yoshinkan as of about 6 months ago. As they're pretty much opposite ends of the hard/soft spectrum it's been a bit of a challenge and it does feel like starting from the beginning in a lot of ways but I figure this is a good thing...

In a way even when I stopped, I felt like I was still doing aikido in some ways, albeit the more mental aspects of it. I was playing a lot of music and definitely see some cross over especially as far as flow, connecting with others and having that centred strength go. Not much good in a fight though (although apparently aikido isn't either :D ), and definitely not as good for your health. Now doing both, as well as working in field which requires a lot of politics. I'm realising it's all one thing, just seen from different angles. I do wish I had more time to train...

Anyway, very much back to the fold now and look forward to spending much time on aikiweb.

12-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Hi Paul,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun