PDA

View Full Version : KEGANIN NO SENSHI AIKIDO, Wounded Warrior Aikido.

Please visit our sponsor:

Thomas Osborn
12-02-2009, 09:20 AM
12/2/09 w [4s, 12v] B good size class. Mostly new people. The usual doubting Thomases, but some fairly noticeable changes in attitude by the classes end. Did the standard basic program. I have been emphasizing taking a deep breath and relaxing to center at the very beginning of every technique. Again, when people do it, they immediately experience an improvement in their movement, and how much better the technique works. 5 chair warriors this time, so we will probably do some chair work this Friday.
The way the room is arranged is problematic [among the many other problems]. It is long, not very wide and has a pool table down at one end. This means we have people sort of strung out, with a couple trying to work beside or behind the table. It means the class is a bit chaotic and it is a bit difficult to get around to work with everyone. Again, not something we can do anything about, just another situation where the answer is to keep on keepin’ on.
NOTE: Someone said I should have a name to identify the special kind of Aikido I am doing. Since I can’t put myself under the umbrella of my own dojo, at this point I am also excluded from our federation. So I will call what I am trying to develop KEGANIN NO SENSHI AIKIDO, Wounded Warrior Aikido.

(Original blog post may be found here (http://ptsd-veterans.blogspot.com/2009/12/keganin-no-senshi-aikido-wounded.html).)

Kevin Leavitt
12-02-2009, 09:31 AM
Thanks for sharing.

Aikibu
12-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Hey Tom,

Keep up the great work!!! Bless you. :)

William Hazen