View Full Version : Hey

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

11-25-2009, 06:02 AM
Hey everybody. I'm rather new... I've been doing Aikido for about 5 months, but I'm a slower learner. My name on here is what I decided to name my first practice staff, Gatekeeper. It has a bit of a story behind it, but I guess that would go in another kind of thread. I'm 16, turning 17 soon, and I also study Tai Chi, yang style, which I'm also a beginner at. A few people in my family study it, and coaxed me to join yet another art last month, to spend time together, and get in good shape. Really feeling that mabu this morning. lol. (horse stance...) I'm a female to male transsexual, and I think it's really a good idea for women, minorities, gays, and all those kinds of people who tend to become victims of hate crimes to learn some Aikido.
I always try to inspire my female friends to explore the philosophies of Aikido at least, because it's something I love, and think it is a beautiful thing that can be useful in many ways, to all kinds of people. I also like to write, study languages, and people-watch. I'm pretty close to my native american roots, and I like nature and stuff. I love telling stories, and hearing them, and talking to all kinds of people. Aikidoka are some of the most pleasant crowd I've ever met. Working towards getting my drivers permit, and a job, so hopefully I'll start attending seminars in P.A. sometime next year, or the year after that. I hope to study Aikido for a long, long time, and I hope to talk about a lot of interesting things with everyone. Peace.

11-25-2009, 09:34 AM
Hi Dolan,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun