PDA

View Full Version : Snap, Crackle, Pop

Please visit our sponsor:

shadowmonk
04-05-2002, 03:39 PM
I am sure this question has come up before but I could not find it anywhere on the forum so I posted it myself.

I keep getting all kinds of mixed answers from people that I know on popping joints. Some people have told me that it does nothing and some have told me it causes swelling of the joints and over the years leads to arthritis.

I have a habit of popping almost all my joints; neck, back, shoulders, elbows, wrists, all three finger joints, knees, ankels and even toes, some more than others. Is this ok or will it mess me in up in the future?

I am looking for acutal medical findings as opposed to individual experiences. Though either will be appreciated the same. Thanks for the help.

Jason

Throwing Pat
04-05-2002, 09:12 PM
Hi Jason,
For the record, I've only been training for a few weeks. With that said, I've been hearing all sorts of pops and crunches!
I haven't seen any swelling or felt much pain. It actually feels good.
If your swelling and know something is wrong (like, I think my elbow is broken), ask a doctor!
Your concerns about athritis are well founded. My mother always told me that breaking my knuckles would come back to haunt me in my later years.
But hey, it beats sittin' on the couch.