PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Lincoln, Nebraska

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Carrie Campbell
10-13-2009, 09:52 AM
Hello! I'm new to Aikiweb. I practice at Aikido of Lincoln in Lincoln, Nebraska. I began aikido in January 2004, and have been falling for aikido ever since. :D I look forward to meeting all of you soon.

~Carrie

akiy
10-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Hi Carrie,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

ramenboy
10-13-2009, 10:29 AM
hey carrie welcome

please give my regards to obrecht sensei. will any of you be heading to iowa for the seminar with ozeki sensei?

Carrie Campbell
10-13-2009, 11:14 AM
Jerome, most certainly! Jaime Obrecht sensei is kind enough to drive to seminars and I will be along for the 5 hour ride to Iowa City in a couple of weeks. : ) Will you be able to go? Perhaps I'll see you there.

Voitokas
10-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Welcome!

ramenboy
10-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Jerome, most certainly! Jaime Obrecht sensei is kind enough to drive to seminars and I will be along for the 5 hour ride to Iowa City in a couple of weeks. : ) Will you be able to go? Perhaps I'll see you there.

we're hosting yokota sensei this coming weekend. if everything else goes as planned, i'll have a 3 hour drive to iowa and will hunt you and sensei down!

Lyle Laizure
10-14-2009, 10:35 AM
Hello Carrie,

I saw your sensei at a seminar in Omaha recently. Give him my best. I look forward to seeing you all before long.

Larry Cuvin
10-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Welcome to Aikiweb Carrie.

Carrie Campbell
10-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Jun, Jeremy, Larry: thank you for the warm welcome.

Lyle, Jerome: I will tell sensei you said hello.

I've never been separated from yudansha before the Omaha seminar with Kubo sensei. I felt rather incompetent that weekend, expected to understand the techniques but really not. Fortunately, Kubo sensei's assistant was great.

Carrie Campbell
10-15-2009, 11:34 AM
Perhaps I should clarify and further introduce myself. I passed my 2nd kyu test Aug 22 2009. The brown belt arrived mid September. While I thought a white belt might still be appropriate at the Oct 1-3 AHI seminar, I was asked to change. Anyway, I look forward to returning next year when it won't all seem so new. Perhaps I will even line up correctly and continue to keep my head down. ;) With help from another student who attended, we were able to remember our interpretations of a couple techniques. :D Still processing a few. Forgotten most.

I'm excited for the next seminar in Iowa City and seeing everyone there again. It almost feels like a second home when we go. :) Normally brown belts just blend into the crowd, and I'm hoping I can do the same. Still a little nervous about another "first" appearance though. At a recent seminar in Illinois, someone teased that I should be thrown "harder" next time and that was when I wore a white belt...

In any case, I'll be a new brown belt at the seminar. That should narrow things down a bit for anyone seeking.