PDA

View Full Version : Ledyard Seminar on Kaeshiwaza

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

George S. Ledyard
10-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Sunday Nov 1st 2009 at Aikido Eastside

This seminar will far beyond what usually constitutes Kaeshiwaza or reversals. We will study how the "joining" that takes place when one uses the principles of "aiki" in ones technique can allow one to reverse a technique effortlessly without the partner realizing what is happening.

The seminar is open to students of all experience levels and affiliations. The instructor is George Ledyard, Aikido 6th dan and direct student of Mitsugi Saotome Sensei.

Details & On-line Registration (http://www.eventsbot.com/events/eb671225852)

Janet Rosen
10-05-2009, 01:34 PM
(sigh) so many seminars...so little time and money!

phitruong
10-05-2009, 03:40 PM
you know! you go to seminar expecting learning new way of doing shihonage, kotegaeshi, sankyo, and so on. then out of the blue, you get "aiki principles" sprung on you. it's just not safe going to seminar any more. Sensei, have we not suffered enough already? think of the unfairness, the injustice, the children, the foods and drinks and the dancing! :D

George S. Ledyard
10-06-2009, 12:30 AM
(sigh) so many seminars...so little time and money!

It is sure different than the old days... When I moved to Seattle in 1981, there were typically three seminars a year in the city and several others within a ten hour driving radius. We hit them all.

Now folks are so jaded, they don't feel the need to drive 20 minutes to a seminar. Each dojo hosts a seminar or two at the least and there are twenty dojos in the metro area.

It's great but often folks treat it a bit cavalierly. Oh, I'll go if I don't have something better to do... They don't realize how lucky they are. An embarrassment of riches so to speak.

Michael Hackett
10-06-2009, 02:31 AM
Go grab Ledyard Sensei by the wrist........I did four years ago at the AikiExpo and what a ride. Well worth the experience.

George S. Ledyard
10-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Sunday Nov 1st 2009 at Aikido Eastside

This seminar will far beyond what usually constitutes Kaeshiwaza or reversals. We will study how the "joining" that takes place when one uses the principles of "aiki" in ones technique can allow one to reverse a technique effortlessly without the partner realizing what is happening.

The seminar is open to students of all experience levels and affiliations. The instructor is George Ledyard, Aikido 6th dan and direct student of Mitsugi Saotome Sensei.

Details & On-line Registration (http://www.eventsbot.com/events/eb671225852)

The seminar has been rescheduled for Sunday November 29th so I can get some work done on my shoulders.

Janet Rosen
10-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Good luck, George; may you heal soon from whatever ails you!

You are right, in some cities/regions there truly is an embarrassment of riches.