PDA

View Full Version : Aiki Mutt

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Michael Phillips
10-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Hello,

I'm an aiki mutt living in Camden, NJ. I'm just a nidan after 18 years of training because I have no home dojo. I'm never anywhere long enough to put down roots because I've traveled extensively in my occupation over the last 10 years.

I am fortunate in that I have the opportunity to visit aikido dojo's throughout the world. It has broadened my view of aikido and the diverse talent represented in the many different factions besides the Yoshinkan, where I started.

Michael Phillips

akiy
10-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Hi Michael,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction. I hope you feel welcome in joining in the discussions.

-- Jun

Janet Rosen
10-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Welcome! I am probably one of the few people around w/ fond memories of Camden! When I was a small child in the late 50s and early 60s, we would visit family friends who worked for RCA and lived in ticky tacky connected garden apts w/ common backyard - but for a Brooklyn apt dweller it was so much space! - there were puppies to play with in the backyard and the weed filled space in the back would fill with sunflowers in the summer and far across it, from the upstairs bedroom when we'd sleep over, were distant sounds and lights from the port of Philly across the fields and river.
Anyhow. Welcome to aikiweb!

Michael Phillips
10-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Hello Janet,

Well, I ended up in Camden because it was close enough and far away enough from Philly. I'm hardly there anyhoo. I'm on the road at least 3 weeks a month.

Michael Phillips