PDA

View Full Version : Ong Bak 2

Please visit our sponsor:

tim evans
10-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Tony jaa in ong bak 2 the beginning the previews out in a couple of weeks I know it,s a movie but it,s definetly has action in it.

tim evans
10-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Anybody seen the preview or scenes for this. this guys a very good martial artist..:)

Sy Labthavikul
10-01-2009, 02:55 PM
The movie has been out in Thailand for some time now and I've seen it. Very fun movie, though of course there isn't much of a plot, but that isn't the point. Its just fun seeing Tony Jaa demonstrating he can perform multiple styles of martial arts, not just Muay Thai/Muay Boran. I especially got a kick out of a scene where he's simultaneously fighting a tiger kung fu guy and a Muay Thai guy, and he's seamlessly switching between the two styles. Or when he's drunk and weaving around like in zui quan (drunken boxing) but throwing elbows like Muay Thai or using tiger kung fu style strikes. The movie illustrates how versatile Tony Jaa's action is, and is a martial arts geek's wet dream.

tim evans
10-01-2009, 05:59 PM
The movie has been out in Thailand for some time now and I've seen it. Very fun movie, though of course there isn't much of a plot, but that isn't the point. Its just fun seeing Tony Jaa demonstrating he can perform multiple styles of martial arts, not just Muay Thai/Muay Boran. I especially got a kick out of a scene where he's simultaneously fighting a tiger kung fu guy and a Muay Thai guy, and he's seamlessly switching between the two styles. Or when he's drunk and weaving around like in zui quan (drunken boxing) but throwing elbows like Muay Thai or using tiger kung fu style strikes. The movie illustrates how versatile Tony Jaa's action is, and is a martial arts geek's wet dream.

Sy,I have to agree his swordmanship is excellent also use of chinese weaponry I have only seen certain parts of this movie but the martial art geek in me will have to own this one.:D

thisisnotreal
10-01-2009, 08:18 PM
this was cool; the Protector< (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXIGP6_fNZk&feature=related)

Jamie Barthelemy
10-17-2009, 02:24 AM
made a friend watch the protector with me recently... he got mad at me because i just don't understand that tony can't do that stuff without special effects. lol I made him read about the movie..:p