PDA

View Full Version : Fred Little's #5

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Charles Hill
09-22-2009, 01:13 AM
On a separate thread, Fred Little listed a series of questions, one of which was this:

5. Why is it that so many posters with fixations feel obliged to answer questions about their gibberish with yet more gibberish, never pausing for a moment to reflect that neither the ideas they have expressed, nor the manner in which they have expressed them warrant the high regard in which the poster seems to hold both?

It was in response to a specific individual and in my opinion accurate. I read and occasionally post on this forum, a guitar forum and an NLP (neuro lingistic programming) forum. On all three, there are individuals who post that fit Fred's description (although much less on the guitar forum). I believe that there must be some kind of structure that leads to such behaviour, but I am not sure what that might be.

I am very curious at what people think might lead these individuals to post this way and also what do you think they get out of it. Any ideas?

Charles

Janet Rosen
09-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Yes, they are doing the best they can to represent themselves in the face of perceived misunderstanding, not getting that it is a futile circular feedback loop.

Basia Halliop
09-23-2009, 10:30 AM
Partly because one person's gibberish is another person's 'finally someone who speaks clearly and doesn't talk in gibberish like so many others'. I quite often have the feeling (of reading gibberish and more gibberish) from people who many others respond to positively (sometimes with more that comes through to me as 'gibberish', sometimes not). The problem is when the group of people who speak that language shrinks down so small that the person talking is the only one who gets it.

dps
09-23-2009, 01:08 PM
I once worked with a guy who was suppose to train me on maintenance of signaling equipment on a railroad. After I caught him talking gibberish about how the equipment works he told me, " Ace, If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit."

David

SmilingNage
09-24-2009, 07:21 AM
From the title of this thread, I thought Fred had gotten into the perfume business. What would that be called ode de aiki? lmao

sorokod
09-24-2009, 09:09 AM
From the title of this thread, I thought Fred had gotten into the perfume business. What would that be called ode de aiki? lmao

O de Gi

Janet Rosen
09-24-2009, 11:33 AM
OSensory

Linda Eskin
09-24-2009, 08:34 PM
OSensory

LOL!