PDA

View Full Version : The Summer of my Life,

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

gdandscompserv
09-18-2009, 12:12 PM
Recently spent 3 months and two weeks in Okinawa. What a wonderful experience, again, the second time. Trained with my sensei, Yamaguchi sensei, and his students, and my sempai, Michael Veltri sensei and his students. Loved every minute of it. Wonderful folks. Thank you one and all. I saw a falling star on Tokashiki Island for goodness sake. What a GREAT gashuku! Hot gym, neh? :eek: Anybody with pics would you please send some my way?:D
Relationship's rekindled with dear old Okinawan friend's. So good and generous. Relationships picked up, almost as if I'd never been gone. My sons both got to spend time there and were both treated so generously. What an amazing summer it was.
I will miss them all. The good news is, most Japanese cell phone plans include email. And I have been rekindled, and revitalised through the experience.
Now, I'm getting a little "training" in by squatting to repair my broken drip irrigation. All my trees were dying. 5 acres didn't seem that big when I bought it, but it sure does when the line starts breaking, I do really try to use good posture and balanced squatting methods when I work. Might as well be training while you work.
Ricky

crbateman
09-19-2009, 04:15 AM
Sounds like you had a good time...

Sidenote: Want to spend more time in the dojo and less time squatting and sweating over your irrigation? Replace your polyethylene pipe with the sunlight-resistant variety of PVC. Poly pipe (and standard PVC) break down from UV exposure, and the pressure blows them up. Or, you could just think of working in the field as "training in your Zen garden"... ;)

Karo
09-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Ricky,

Funny, as I looked through the photos my dojo mates and Sensei brought back from Okinawa, I wondered whether any of these people might be you, since I thought I remembered you mention going there this summer... :D

And Tokashiki Island looks like a fantastic place!

Karo

mjhacker
09-22-2009, 11:31 AM
What a wonderful experience, again, the second time. Trained with my sensei, Yamaguchi sensei
I think one of my friends may have trained with him and his group while he was living in Okinawa.

gdandscompserv
09-22-2009, 12:57 PM
I think one of my friends may have trained with him and his group while he was living in Okinawa.
Did your friend enjoy?
What is your friend's name?

gdandscompserv
09-22-2009, 01:03 PM
Ricky,

Funny, as I looked through the photos my dojo mates and Sensei brought back from Okinawa, I wondered whether any of these people might be you, since I thought I remembered you mention going there this summer... :D

And Tokashiki Island looks like a fantastic place!

Karo
Karo,
Please ask your dojo mates to share pictures with me?
tanoshiiaikido (at) me (dot) com
To identify me, just look for the Beard Papa.
;)

mjhacker
09-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Did your friend enjoy?
What is your friend's name?
PM me and we'll talk. I don't want to take the liberty of giving his name out publicly.

gdandscompserv
09-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Brought this sign home with me.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b379/deserthippie/tanoshiiaikidosign.jpg
:D