PDA

View Full Version : Loose with the facts

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Mike Sigman
09-17-2009, 05:05 PM
I have to admit ... my eyes almost bugged out of my head with this story about Pelosi coming to tears and wringing her hands:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitol-briefing/2009/09/pelosi_chokes_up_recalling_mil.html

Good Heavens. Milk and Moscone were shot by a fellow Democrat... what is Nancy implying? So far the only violences in the HealthCare mess has been by union thugs (SEIU lads wearing purple shirts beat up a black conservative man named Ken Gladney in St. Louis) and fringe Democrats attacking conservative protesters. Remember that the SEIU works hand-in-glove with ACORN.

These loose facts used to affect, I guess, ignorant or poorly-informed Democrats just goes to show how much Pelosi depends on the liberal-leaning media not to publish the facts (see if the WaPo article mentions that White was a Democrat). Reminds me of religious fanatics in the old days keeping the real news from the dumb, ignorant peasants so they'd be easier to control. Don't get me wrong... I wouldn't want the Far Right to control the media, either... they'd be just as biased as the Far Left now controlling the MSM.

HL1978
09-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Mike, in a related matter, I do have to say after listening to NPR this morning, the race card playing has hit such an unbelievable level....wanting to keep my health insurance makes me a racist, wanting small government and low taxes makes me a racist.

Hogan
09-18-2009, 11:42 AM
...Good Heavens. Milk and Moscone were shot by a fellow Democrat... what is Nancy implying? So far the only violences in the HealthCare mess has been by union thugs (SEIU lads wearing purple shirts beat up a black conservative man named Ken Gladney in St. Louis) and fringe Democrats attacking conservative protesters. Remember that the SEIU works hand-in-glove with ACORN.....

And don't forget the biting off of the finger! Those darn activist Democrats!

gdandscompserv
09-18-2009, 01:27 PM
Nice thread title Mike.:p

Mike Sigman
09-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Mike, in a related matter, I do have to say after listening to NPR this morning, the race card playing has hit such an unbelievable level....wanting to keep my health insurance makes me a racist, wanting small government and low taxes makes me a racist.The best one was, IMO, the bit where Obama lied about illegal immigrants not being eligible for the proposed healthcare, Joe Wilson obstreperously blurted out that Obama lied (because it was well-known that Dems were blocking any enforcement provisions to the 'no illegals' bit in the bill), and Joe Wilson gets called a "racist" for pointing out the lie. Absolutely amazing. Note that the Dems hurriedly and quietly changed the enforcement loophole after Wilson's remark, yet they weren't brave enough to admit that he'd been right. I don't think it's going to get better... it's going to get worse and the level of dishonesty is going to rise. :D

Mike