PDA

View Full Version : Student kills intruder with Samurai Sword

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Kevin Leavitt
09-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Okay, a little morbid, but over the years we have been talking about when in todays world anyone would actually use a samurai sword. Okay, well here it is.

http://news.aol.com/article/student-kills-intruder-with-samurai/670061

Marc Abrams
09-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Okay, a little morbid, but over the years we have been talking about when in todays world anyone would actually use a samurai sword. Okay, well here it is.

http://news.aol.com/article/student-kills-intruder-with-samurai/670061

I just hope the student properly cleaned his blade after using it. Nothing worse than rust ;) !

Marc Abrams

Kevin Leavitt
09-16-2009, 08:26 AM
I just wonder what kinda blade it actually was. I am betting one of those cheap ones. Still...wow.

Marc Abrams
09-16-2009, 09:56 AM
I just wonder what kinda blade it actually was. I am betting one of those cheap ones. Still...wow.

Kevin:

I am hoping that it was a student from the Muso Ryu teacher that is around Annapolis and that the blade was a good one! Certainly seemed as though he made some nice cuts. A good sharp blade always comes in handy!!!

Marc Abrams

David Maidment
09-16-2009, 12:21 PM

I don't see a cheapo blade severing a limb (the article implies that bone was cut?). But, either way, good for him for defending himself.

Rob Watson
09-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Johns Hopkins is an interesting place. I have not travelled much so I was unsettled at the 'blight' in and around Baltimore. The campus is basicaly surrounded by low income housing and there are glass enclosed kiosks with security around the perimeter.

The Los Angeles greyhound station has a long way to go before it looks like the area around the old Orioles staduim. I got a 'terminator/mad max' kind of vibe-I've seen too many movies...

gdandscompserv
09-17-2009, 12:33 AM
He said he may have had some martial arts training, but was not an expert.
good answer!:D

Chris Covington
09-24-2009, 10:30 AM
Dear Mr. Watson,

Wow, the area around JHU isn't even that bad compared to many other parts of Baltimore. Some of the neighborhoods around the old Memorial Stadium are still nice, such as Ednor Gardens. When I was a kid the Charles Village area (the area around the university on 33rd and Greenmount) was the Chinatown district. I even lived on 33rd a few blocks from Memorial as a child before the area got to what it is today. I remember hearing the cheers when the O's won the World Series in '83. It was a mad house.

About 15 years ago we had another student kill someone with a katana in Baltimore. He was drunk at a party and killed another party goer. I remember hearing the police found the guy in the bushes shaking with fear.

Best regards,