PDA

View Full Version : On Judging Others

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Suru
08-31-2009, 01:20 PM
I don't think it gives us a right to judge others!

Do you believe the courts should cease to exist, and prisoners of the world should be released into society?

I'm playing devil's advocate here to a modest extent.

Drew

Ron Tisdale
08-31-2009, 01:42 PM
Given the context that Kevin was posting in, I don't see the connection. Context below for clarity...

Many people believe that as a public figure and an aikidoka that Seagal should choose his actions/movies to reflect the character/ethics that are what many of us espouse to as aikidoka.

Me personally, well what I aspire to and what I am actually capable of doing and my professional life are sometimes at odds.

I tend to cut Seagal some slack as I don't know him personally, we are all humans, world needs more compassion than it needs critics, and I don't necessarily judge folks based on the characters they play in movies.

That said, I don't think it gives us a right to judge others, lest we hold ourselves to the same level of scrutiny...and we certainly should not be beating each other up on aikiweb over something so trivial.

I tend to see the irony in the whole conversation actually!

Everyone makes judgements...we have no choice in the matter if we wish to make wise choices. But whether those judgements are based on a reasonable amount of infomation, whether or not it is good information, and whether those judgements are public or private...all of those things and more are also important.

Best,
Ron

lbb
08-31-2009, 08:49 PM
New threads started by taking quotes from other threads out of context are crap.

ninjaqutie
08-31-2009, 09:33 PM
I'm sorry, but I fail to see what exactly this is about. Why is the quote here since it actually is taken out of context? Sorry if I am missing something here.