PDA

View Full Version : Lateral Marketing for Dojo

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Don_Modesto
08-24-2009, 01:50 PM
With all the viral vids out there of kids faceplanting off bikes, rollerblades, skateboards, and even pogo sticks, you'd think aikido would have a rich market. Here's a submission to start a conversation. The politics can be ignored, but the facts are salient.

Michael Hackett
08-24-2009, 01:57 PM
That is essentially what we tell all prospective or new students, without the political rhetoric. Something to the effect of "The chances of ever being attacked by some crazy guy are almost nil. You will trip and fall someday and this stuff can save your life."

Don_Modesto
08-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Yup. Besides using IRIMI to dodge a snowball once, that's all I've ever used aikido for.

lbb
08-24-2009, 06:40 PM
Yeah, well, I slipped and fell while hiking today, and aikido didn't do a damn thing to help me. I STILL ended up in the damn mud puddle.

ninjaqutie
08-24-2009, 08:57 PM
I got thrown off of something going about 25 mph or so and I believe that I didn't get hurt because of my face fall/ forward roll. I put the slash there because I am not really sure what I did. I know I went down on my stomach, but ended up on my back and I was covered in dirt.... I was sore but, okay enough that Dad made me promise not to tell mom.

Larry Feldman
08-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Over the years several students have written me to say that ukemi skills saved them from serious injury.

Still waiting for the letter about subduing 8 armed attackers.

Don_Modesto
08-25-2009, 03:35 PM
Over the years several students have written me to say that ukemi skills saved them from serious injury.

Still waiting for the letter about subduing 8 armed attackers....looking for the "Like" link.

(Spending too much time on FaceBook...)