PDA

View Full Version : Intro

Please visit our sponsor:

John Bevard
08-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Hello to everyone,

I just signed up for this forum so that I could have a look around and learn a few things. A little background:

I practiced Shotokan from 6yo to about 10 yo, then again from 17-19. After that, I got distracted with schooling, family, and becoming a fan of the whole mma craze. After sitting around too much after work (usually watching mma, instead of actually practicing anything) and having way too many barley-based drinks, I am trying to pursue a healthier lifestyle. I am again being drawn to traditional ma, and actually wanting to participate rather than spectate.

I have not yet started an Aikido school (it may have to wait until I am closer to town), though I have begun reading the many texts available. For now, I am trying to get some weight off until I begin some form of classes. I'll be 31 in a couple days, so it's time to start doing something.

Take care; I look forward to reading through here until I have enough knowledge to post more.

~John Bevard~

MikeLogan
08-17-2009, 09:47 PM
welcome to aikiweb, John. Don't worry, training definitely enhances the benefits of all barley-based beverages.

michael.

akiy
08-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Hi John,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

Voitokas
08-18-2009, 12:21 AM
Welcome!