PDA

View Full Version : New to the forums!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

TEARO
08-15-2009, 12:17 AM
Hey!
My name is Firas I'm 17 years old and I started practicing Aikido only a month ago!

I was introduced since I was a child though!

My grandfather (Now paralyzed) was an Aikido instructor in lebanon. He wanted me to practice but my mom didn't accept because for her that is a symbol of violence and my grandfather's life was filled with violence (Mostly because of war in my country).

I learned from my uncle that my grandfather's teacher was a russian who was taught directly under the founder!

So now I moved to Canada and since my parents don't control me no more I decided to start practicing what I always wanted to do.Maybe I will end up a master,so my grandfather would be proud of me and because I love it.

I practice at Agatsu Aikido at montreal. The senseis are amazing and they explain the techniques very well and are always there for help!

Voitokas
08-15-2009, 08:25 AM
Welcome! Thanks for sharing the great story about your grandfather, and I hope you like Montreal; I'm sure you'll love aikido!

Janet Rosen
08-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Hi Firas. My dad was born and raised in Montreal - what a wonderful city. Welcome to aikido and to aikiweb.

akiy
08-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Hi Firas,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

TEARO
08-15-2009, 08:29 PM
Thanks guys!

Yeah Montreal is a great city even though I miss home :p

And I love aikido!